Do I still need Tor/Proxifier even if I won't be greifing, but just ripping?

Thread Started By britneybeans

• 37 Vote(s) - 3.03 Average
Rate Thread
Quote:I just want to do it to things I already paid for and own, and I'll also do this on my own private land. The last thing I want is attention from other folks and lands that might have some lame orbs like CDS, etc.

Does that mean I can straight out run Shooped on a plain PC inside my home, without Tor/Proxifier? And don't need to worry about hiding my MAC or Hdd serial?

Yes, you can run Shooped from your home PC without Tor/Proxifier. You are not violating LL Terms of Service if you are backing up something you bought or made. In that case its not called ripping or copybotting, its called backing up your inventory/work.

Furthermore, Tor/Proxifier, ip spoofing etc.. is only necessary if you plan on griefing or causing chaos. LL only care if you start crashing sims and knocking them offline. They are not concerned about a couple strings of c++ code "what you referred to as prims, skins etc...".

Messages In This Thread
RE: Do I still need Tor/Proxifier even if I won't be greifing, but just ripping? - by Ap0110 - 05-19-2013, 08:40 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ripping/copying scripts Black_sails 5 16,425 06-02-2020, 07:16 PM
Last Post: Mahonry33
  ripping yorkie 4 2,894 05-14-2020, 10:04 AM
Last Post: yorkie
  Ripping no-modify scripts? Zammy 1 3,585 06-16-2018, 08:49 PM
Last Post: Drebin Dubious
  Ripping Animations MrNoob 6 9,107 05-25-2017, 02:10 PM
Last Post: DarkPopsicle