Missing UV Maps & Blender

Thread Started By Swifty

• 13 Vote(s) - 2.77 Average
Rate Thread
Is it possible to bring ripped mesh into Blender and figure out the UV map?  That would be my only purpose for ripping it.  I have some full perm clothing where the link to download this stuff is broken because the creator has unfortunately died.  If it is possible, I don't mind sharing it as an example to learn from and to encourage others working together in this matter too to salvage worthwhile things.  Otherwise, this stuff is now trash that's only texturable and not necessarily professionally customizable.  Thanks.

Why don't you just upload the dae file into blender?

@Saeki Amae i don't think that there is a dae file, she/he, said the link from downloading is dead, (from the passed away creator)

best is i think rip them and use this tool 

[To see links please register here]

to make a dae file
then package everything what you have in a zipfile, upload it with Mega and share it here
Don't send Buddy Requests with no reasons
Rules 1-6

...Yes, I know I can make a .DAE file...
but is there a way to remake/find the UV Map if I bring that .DAE into Blender?  

A UV Map is the one with lines that follow folds in the mesh... Like if you wanted to put a teddy bear patch on it, you'd know exactly where/how that would go with a UV Map.  All I have are the textures, which aren't exactly the same, they'll just make it look like clothing... but putting on a teddy bear patch on it will be a real PITA with a bunch of guessing games and an old texture alignment grid (making it trash IMO).

My problem is that I don't know enough about Blender.  Perhaps someone who does can explain if this is possible or not?

@Swifty i can't help you i don't know anything about Blender 
if you have time you can watch here 

its fp most of the time the uv map etc is in the creator folder
(also in demo's they send uv-maps)
if i know the names from the items and name from the creator 
friends can look in the inventory or they have the files

or make the dae file what i suggest its easier, and faster i think
Don't send Buddy Requests with no reasons
Rules 1-6

Why do you need UV map? Can't you just rip the texture and simply rework the texture for your needs in photoshop?

You just import DAE,then goto edit mode,select all ,open a 2nd window and goto uv editor mode,and you can export the uv maps.You'd have to do it per material.There's plenty of guides with more detail.Works same for any file type.

No, when it comes to blender and DAE's You have to manually apply the textures onto the mesh

They want to get the UV to see how it was unwrapped,to make their own textures.So loading in blender,most the time,jsut put in edit mode,select all verts/edges,whatever your selection mode is,and look in uv editor window,you can export the uv map after.And yes,to see texture on the mesh in blender,jsut load dae,add image you want in material tab,goto edit mode,select faces/edges whatever you need,and then in uv editor select the image from dropdown,it'll add it.I'm jsut giving basic info,incase you kinda already know,there's more indepth guides if you are totally new to it.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [split] import.xml into Blender Spiritsdancer1 2 591 12-25-2023, 10:08 PM
Last Post: Spiritsdancer1
  Loosing rig by importing to blender sarayanna 2 883 12-03-2022, 01:01 PM
Last Post: sarayanna
  How to create and rig clothes in blender kitkat10 1 1,483 07-15-2021, 09:56 AM
Last Post: Lagertha
  Tutorials for shoes rigging in Blender? alexandrrr 4 2,772 07-09-2021, 11:36 AM
Last Post: fufurata
  all mesh bodies in one blender file Pumpelfrucht 0 1,122 06-11-2020, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Pumpelfrucht
  XML import missing textures/hydrastorm crashes Evenios 9 4,717 04-16-2020, 05:27 PM
Last Post: Lagertha
  Exporting from Blender killing skeleton garybananas 0 1,129 02-04-2020, 08:45 AM
Last Post: garybananas
  warning clothing for blender alrahil 4 3,728 12-10-2019, 01:57 PM
Last Post: Arc88
  Importing xml in blender? Complexx 1 2,950 10-13-2019, 01:29 AM
Last Post: Ap0110
  Blender for animation DaveCrea 1 1,886 09-24-2019, 01:32 PM
Last Post: Ap0110