XML import missing textures/hydrastorm crashes

Thread Started By Evenios

• 8 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Rate Thread
Ok big issue is that when Importing an xml of a large build ...when i load it up in the copybot viewer the textures appear fine<br />
but then i switch to normal firestorm and it shows as mostly grey (though some textures do come in)<br />
<br />
darkstorm/etc<br />
<br />
also with hydrasttorm the latest beta version and then the 6.25 (both 32 and 64)<br />
it generally crashes on importing xml.  i know that is an issue with the bom beta but i  assumed it was fine with the earlier version? <br />
<br />
any solutions? and while hydra both crashed in second life and opensim i was trying to import a xml from a opensim rip TO opensim and still get the mmissing (grey) texxtures in firestorm.<br />
<br />
thanks

update: i got the missing textures fixed.. d'oh you have to save and then upload the textures.

but hydra 6.25 still crashes on xml import though.

Alternatively, you can use the Texture UUID on the particular face of the imported object.
The textures save with the UUID as the texture name and you can save them to your local inventory
Same goes for skins.
e.g. you see a nice skin someone is wearing in SL. You use the texture function in Hydra and copy to inventory, and use those UUIDs on you mesh head or body etc.
hey presto! free Skin
No upload necessary.

Crash fixed in updated HydraStorm version. This issue has been resolved.

i dont crash but true no textures when i import, but also no textures when i rip a hud with the textures, then i save it as DAE its easier, and faster, then it don't save the textures the textures are also missing when i save it as dae, while i see the textures in the hud,

i didnt had this problems with the old version
Don't send Buddy Requests with no reasons
Rules 1-6

[To see links please register here]

"Yesterday, 07:22 PM
Crash fixed in updated HydraStorm version. This issue has been resolved."

but is that for the 6.3.2 BOM version?

or does the VIP have a "Fixed" 6.2.5 version too?
because the issue is. With open sim Firefox warns that the current BOM viewer CANNOT be used
with opensim.......otherwiise apparently it will actually crash the Sim.

so i am using 6.25 for Opensim the one on the public page that also crashes.

but are you saying there is a VIP version of Hydra for Opensim that works?

if so i might invest then ;-) but i need a OpenSim version not the curent one based on BOM.

thanks!

@Glide if it miss the textures on the first export, save the dae again and it will grab the textures the second time. For some objects you have to try twice.

turns out i had simply not saved the textures and or clicked "import textures' along with the build. after doing so it is fixed.

still getting crashing when importing xMLs with 6.2.5 however i know it was fixed in the vip version of 6.3.2 but opensim CANNOT use the BOM version of the viewer as it will end up crashing some sims.........so 6.2.5 i think is the latest version that can be used with opensim... unless the VIP section has a "updated" 6.2.5 that doesnt crash? :-p

@Ap0110 i tryed and it works thank you
Don't send Buddy Requests with no reasons
Rules 1-6

[To see links please register here]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  FBX of assembled body & evox head for SP import? Moiet 3 594 01-28-2024, 11:09 PM
Last Post: Moiet
  [split] import.xml into Blender Spiritsdancer1 2 576 12-25-2023, 10:08 PM
Last Post: Spiritsdancer1
  Missing UV Maps & Blender Swifty 13 3,025 05-18-2023, 03:52 PM
Last Post: Lagertha
  Tutorial for uploading xml mesh with hydrastorm viewer and meshconverter hwarren101 11 2,700 01-14-2023, 04:48 PM
  [split] how do you import the hair? Coletta001 0 524 01-06-2023, 12:40 PM
Last Post: Coletta001
  Tutorial for uploading xml mesh with hydrastorm viewer and meshconverter hwarren101 0 459 12-11-2022, 03:14 AM
Last Post: hwarren101
  Hydrastorm--accidently deleted "SecondLife" from Grid Manager JJB1960 2 952 06-05-2022, 07:53 PM
Last Post: JJB1960
  How do I import animations? saekhyun 14 10,081 10-09-2021, 03:38 PM
  Is this a hydrastorm problem? nawty1 2 1,070 04-13-2021, 08:22 AM
Last Post: nawty1
  Can Hydrastorm Save OARS Aprice 2 1,290 02-26-2021, 11:12 AM
Last Post: ZeroThe10th