Ultimate Ripping Tool for Second Life - MeshFix v2

Thread Started By Saeki Amae

• 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Rate Thread
I've tried using it to get a body, and after importing the multi dae, into 3ds max, I can see all the parts, and they all have the skin modifier, but no bones or bone weights, so while it thinks it is rigged, there is no weighting information - so it ends up being just a static mesh.

I think skeleton export would be needed for that - as I'm not planning on just re-uploading the mesh back to SL, I want to use it as a devkit for making other stuff and transfering bone weights from the body to clothing items. And posing the body is needed to make sure things fit in poses other than T-pose.

I tried MeshesSL etc. it did fail on a lot of the parts, getting them distorted/corrupted and such... but all the parts that did work came with a skeleton and the way 3ds max works when importing multiple files with identical skeleton, is that it merges it together, which is quite useful.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ultimate Ripping Tool for Second Life - MeshFix v2 - by asjdiwemda - 05-26-2023, 05:37 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tool For MeshesSL Glitches Lagertha 1 1,271 07-23-2023, 05:29 PM
Last Post: ZeroThe10th