Ultimate Ripping Tool for Second Life - MeshFix v2

Thread Started By Saeki Amae

• 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Rate Thread
This seems like a GREAT tool! It's clearly the result of a lot of effort, and it's very slick. Thank you!

I am having a slightly showstopping problem with it, though, but that might be me missing something.

If I import a rigged dae generated by Meshfix2 v2.0.3 into Blender then then it appears to import fine but the the armature shows in the Blender Outliner as an armature present, but with no bones. Also no bones visible in the view. There definitely IS an armature with bones in the dae because if you upload that same dae directly into SL or OpenSim, the rigging works as expected.

It's not something unique to that rigged item, I've tried it on a few things with the same results. Also, if you export and generate a dae of the same item using older toolsets (Hydrastorm export and Mesh Helper) then the dae that results from that has a working armature when imported into Blender using the same Blender import settings.

Am I missing something somewhere? it looks like the MeshFix dae is confusing Blender in some way. Any thoughts?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ultimate Ripping Tool for Second Life - MeshFix v2 - by JSRNZ - 03-23-2023, 07:43 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tool For MeshesSL Glitches Lagertha 1 1,268 07-23-2023, 05:29 PM
Last Post: ZeroThe10th