If anyone has any question on the topic of meshes in SL

Thread Started By britneybeans

• 86 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Rate Thread
(11-07-2015, 06:41 PM)britneybeans Wrote:

[To see links please register here]

The biggest mistake that people make is they look for a "tutorial" to make a specific thing, like "hair tutorials". Hair building is perhaps one of the most difficult things to create, even with basic prims.

In general, hair is generally WYSIWYG. Each artist has a vision of what they want, and do it their own way. This is why hairs in SL are signatured, meaning, hair from Catwa all looks the same, are all made the same, but no other creator has hair like Catwa. Truth looks like Truth, etc. Even small-fry hair makers, creators that only have a dozen of hairs, also carry their own signatures.

One thing I have observed over the years as I watch favorite hair creators grow, is that they gain experience with style as they make more.

To answer your question about the "science behind hair modeling" is that despite how many links of objects are used to make a hair, prim or mesh, they all use the fewest textures possible, usually just 2 or 3 textures total that are carefully used.
[Image: 2ro2qza.gif]

So nothing I didn't know already, ughh I guess the experiments continue.

Messages In This Thread
RE: If anyone has any question on the topic of meshes in SL - by ZeroThe10th - 11-07-2015, 08:26 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  question mambanero 1 1,788 10-24-2016, 08:29 AM
Last Post: Optimus Prime
  im a noob but also had a membership question Tribu 2 3,272 03-10-2016, 02:47 AM
Last Post: Tribu
  Hey sexy people....i have a question VidaBonitaBaby 1 2,728 06-14-2015, 02:41 PM
Last Post: ZeroThe10th