LOD and Physics

Thread Started By ZedN84

• 33 Vote(s) - 3.18 Average
Rate Thread
Thanks D0gstar for the detailed response. Manually creating physics models isn't so hard, but it's a shame there's not an easier way (I'd never use viewer-generated physics for a building, for example). 

When I do original content, I almost always make explicit LOD models - you get much better LOD-LI tradeoff than anything you'll get from the importer generated LODs. And a lot of creators do the same - so it'd be nice to be able to download those as well. Sure, it doesn't matter as much in OpenSim, because of the way they calculate LI, but it's still creating sim load/lag if you have LODs more complex than they need to be, even if it's not reflected in LI.

Given the viewer does have all the data for the LOD and physics models (you can preview LODs and physics shapes in the FS interface), it should be possible for a copybot viewer to save that data, right?

Messages In This Thread
LOD and Physics - by ZedN84 - 06-30-2020, 08:09 PM
RE: LOD and Physics - by Reckless - 07-16-2020, 10:39 AM
RE: LOD and Physics - by D0gstar - 07-17-2020, 07:33 AM
RE: LOD and Physics - by Reckless - 07-17-2020, 09:59 AM
RE: LOD and Physics - by D0gstar - 07-17-2020, 01:59 PM