Ultimate Ripping Tool for Second Life - MeshFix v2

Thread Started By Saeki Amae

• 90 Vote(s) - 3.13 Average
Rate Thread
@Zincharp
First of all, the generated scripts do NOT work in OS. They are made for Second Life exclusively.
Secondly - the unicode characters you see are the linkset data super tightly packed. It is because LSL scripts have memory limit of 2^16 bytes. Your proposition would make any more complex mesh almost always generating stack-heap collisions.
In your example - the uuid you wrote "5748decc-f629-461c-9a36-a35a221fe21f" uses 36 characters - so 72 bytes. In my case I will use 9 characters (so 18 bytes) - 4 times less space.
Especially that the code itsself eats up most of the script's memory. I made the script super-memory efficient - using special techniques to pack so much logic into a single script - so users don't have to copy multiple scripts for a single objects and have more work.
The generated script is NOT intended to be manually modified - i even wrote a comment about it at the beginning of every script. If you want to modify anything, modify data in meshfix directly - it has a built-in editor for that - and then regenerate the script.

If your script doesn't work in Second Life as well - then feel free to write on forum exactly what errors you get in SL and what steps you performed to achieve this. You can also send me .mxp file of the project that doesn't work and I will see - maybe there is some edge case that I didn't consider - although you are the first person who reports errors with scripts so double check if you did all correctly.

About bone-structure - I am aware of this issue - I didn't care much because people mostly use this tool to copy stuff as it is - without importing it to blender first. If you need to have bones, then use MeshHelper/MeshesSL for now for this stuff.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ultimate Ripping Tool for Second Life - MeshFix v2 - by Saeki Amae - 08-05-2023, 03:30 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tool For MeshesSL Glitches Lagertha 2 1,419 05-04-2024, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Huggypie