Ultimate Ripping Tool for Second Life - MeshFix v2

Thread Started By Saeki Amae

• 90 Vote(s) - 3.13 Average
Rate Thread
The MF_Input folder autodeletes XML files so people who export the same XML files don't have problems with the same names. If you want to keep your XML, you can put it in MF_Tests folder and click CTRL+S or do File->Scan. The messages that appear on your screen suggest some erros with saving textures, you go Settings->Download Textures and uncheck it - it won't affect the application besides the fact that textures won't display in the Option/state edit. But if no texture appears, make sure you are using folder without any writing issues. The error that feels most concernig to me is the very first error i see here - "Error in scanning thread: description"
Please send me the XML you used. Also it has to be XML generated by Hydrastorm - i didnt' test XMLs from other viewers.
Also tell me which OS you use - i never encountered errors like this - maybe errors you get are platform-depended.

And yes, program doesn't directly import XML - because in most cases you just want to export XML directly from SL into that folder - keeping XML makes no sense in most situations. Having to save XML somewhere, then go Open->XML, then locate the XML on disk would be way slower than just directly saving to MF_Input folder - and direct saving allows also for getting dae's address without even leaving the viewer at all! But of course in case of rare situations when you need to keep XML you can always save it to MF_Tests as i mentioned above. That being said if a lot of people asks for implementing direct Import->Xml i will of course add it.

EDIT: I tried to export stuff with Darkstorm and I am getting simillar errors - I will work to make it work with Darkstorm also, not just Hydra

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ultimate Ripping Tool for Second Life - MeshFix v2 - by Saeki Amae - 02-19-2023, 05:22 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tool For MeshesSL Glitches Lagertha 2 1,419 05-04-2024, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Huggypie