Can I use Copybotted avatars as DevKits?

Thread Started By jacobdynes

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rate Thread
As the title says. 
I have a rigged Kario body copybotted that I got from this forum. I have bought a Kario body in world. I have no intention of uploading copybotted content on my account, since I don't want to get banned. 
I do want to use it to make mesh clothing for myself. I have Onigiri (basically the same as bento buddy). I have already tried myself but failed, the rigging looks all wrong when I upload it to SL. It seems to me like it should definitely be possible to do it, I'm just missing something crucial.

Anyone who can help?

Regards

are you using Hydrastorm to upload? seems there is a problem, to upload with Hydrastorm i got this messages when i tryed too upload rigged myself, i must find out what the problem is
[Image: hydrastorm-cant-upload.png]
Don't send Buddy Requests with no reasons
Rules 1-6

[To see links please register here]

(04-19-2022, 09:15 AM)Lagertha Wrote:

are you using Hydrastorm to upload? seems there is a problem, to upload with Hydrastorm i got this messages when i tryed too upload rigged myself, i must find out what the problem is
[Image: hydrastorm-cant-upload.png]

No, I'm using the regular firestorm viewer to upload (on Mac OS).
if I upload the dae file downloaded from the forum directly, it looks correct in the preview window during upload*. 
BUT, if I put the body into blender and export via just plain blender or onigiri (I tried plenty different settings including rotate avatar and stuff), then if I try to upload the same body it looks all weird and the limbs are all stretched or squished (in the preview window).

I figure if I can find the settings where I see the proper body in the preview during upload after export whatever problems I'm having with rigging would also be solved.

*Just clarifying that I tried to upload the body in the beta grid, not the main grid, that too didn't go beyond preview, because I already mentioned in my original post that I don't want to upload copybotted content to my account.

but you take the xml from the demo? then use first Mesh Helper to make it rigged, then import in blender or the othere one, but it will be always looks blurry becourse there are demos on it, you must unlink them first
Rules 1-6

(04-19-2022, 01:55 PM)Lagertha Wrote:

but you take the xml from the demo? then use first Mesh Helper to make it rigged, then import in blender or the othere one, but it will be always looks blurry becourse there are demos on it, you must unlink them first

No, I am not using a XML from any demo. I got the full version (or so I think) of the body itself from this forum. Unfortunately, I don't have windows to use mesh helper. That's a bummer.

ah ok, yes Mesh Helper is for windows
Rules 1-6

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Shocked See Hidden Avatars z00b 5 1,573 09-09-2020, 09:27 AM
Last Post: Lagertha
  How to Import Forum Avatars to my SL? Caeton 3 2,276 05-16-2020, 01:12 PM
Last Post: Optimus Prime
  question about copybotted attachments Alexia364 1 3,007 06-18-2015, 07:06 PM
Last Post: ZeroThe10th