[split] XML file

Thread Started By VRDRebel

• 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Rate Thread
I have looked for the answer to my question and I am sorry, but I could not find it.

My question is, when I upload an XML file the textures are not uploading... at least I cannot find them and the objects are all white (blank). I am using DarkStorm 6.2

Is there a step that I am missing or something that I am not setting? I click on to upload textures and then click on DS IMPORT.

Thank you for any help that anyone can give me.

@VRDRebel if you cant find the answer from your question why dont you open a own thread?
i moved to questions
Don't send Buddy Requests with no reasons
Rules 1-6

[To see links please register here]

you can't upload a xml file you can import a xml file, but if you dont see the textures then i can only think you made a bad export
think for Darkstorm it will be the same as Hydrastorm, export xml file the texture square must be on as well (checked)
if you import the xml file it go's building that object what you just export it will add already the textures what is in it.
but works only with prims or sculpt not with mesh
Rules 1-6

Sorry that I put my question in the wrong forum and thank you for correcting it.

I downloaded the XML file from here and then I imported it. I tried several different XML files from here and none of the textures are showing up on the prims.
I know it is on my end as I have seen no other comments about textures not showing up. I have tried importing the XML files with Imprudence, Singularity, and DarkStorm version 2.8, version 3, and version 6. I also tried HydraStorm. I have exported and imported XML files before with no problem, I just can't seem to get the ones from here to work.

@VRDRebel show from what thread/share you took the xml file, i think its a old link?
Rules 1-6

(03-17-2022, 02:20 PM)Lagertha Wrote:

@VRDRebel show from what thread/share you took the xml file, i think its a old link?

It was this thread:

"Entire Store: M&M creations"

when i ask for a link then give me a direct link not a name, i must search also then
i downloaded the file,
first its a share from 2014 so old what i said
second, in that rarfile are a couple xml files with textures
all others are sculpt maps with shadow maps, 
obj, dae, etc... so when you import the xml file you must be sure that it has also textures in it
then it will say what it is and it says with textures, if not then its only a object without textures
Rules 1-6

I am so so sorry. I am very new to forums and I am just learning. Thank you for being patient with me.

When I try to import the XML file all I get are white objects. The sculpt files do not even import.

I know that I am doing something wrong, I just want to find out what I am doing wrong.

I downloaded a few other files also, with the same results. And also Singularity tells me that they are bad XML files.

The Monster Pack that I messed up on the reply was another one that didnt work.

Its also an older one. So older shares do not work now?

you must use a cb viewer for import and export not a regluair viewer as (Singularity) sure that one will tell you that its a bad xml file,
becourse the xml files are taken with a cb viewer not with a approved viewer from second life, and ofcourse it can be a bad file becourse its export a long time ago, that viewer you cant use anymore its out of date, if its mesh clothing or a body what needed to be rigged then you can try to use 
Mesh Helper, search the forum for it, read the share page how to use it
Rules 1-6

I used DarkStorm 6.2 and Hyperstorm.. Neither one imported the texture files. I just mentioned that I also tried Singularity. And it wasnt a body it was an XML file.
All I am trying to do is to get help importing XML files. I have download about every file here in the forum and I cannot get any of them to load with textures. I have not tried any of the DAE or mesh files yet.. I want to get the XML files working before I move on to mesh files. Is there something else I can try to get the texture files imported?
Am I the only one having problems with getting texture files from XML files imported?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [split] Copy a Mesh head Jordan_B 2 482 01-26-2024, 05:18 PM
Last Post: Necrok
  [split] import.xml into Blender Spiritsdancer1 2 591 12-25-2023, 10:08 PM
Last Post: Spiritsdancer1
  [split] what viewer twinklestarx 3 974 09-23-2023, 05:06 PM
Last Post: Lagertha
  [split] how do i reupload hair ghdssgghf 1 750 08-17-2023, 07:46 PM
Last Post: Lagertha
  [split] how do you import the hair? Coletta001 0 531 01-06-2023, 12:40 PM
Last Post: Coletta001