LOD Model has no parent

Thread Started By beefyness

• 12 Vote(s) - 2.92 Average
Rate Thread
I keep getting this error message in firestorm when I try to upload a mesh
LOD Model has no parent
I have no Idea how to fix this, Does anyone?

When i get that i just open it in blender, save it (rename it if you feel like saving the original) without doing any changes. It then should "fix" that and be able to upload.

(01-09-2022, 07:36 AM)ToniX2 Wrote:

[To see links please register here]

When i get that i just open it in blender, save it (rename it if you feel like saving the original) without doing any changes. It then should "fix" that and be able to upload.
Do you think you could maybe post a step by step the process please?
I tried Import DAE -> export DAE but i think the rigging gets a bit broken

Maybe i am missing a step somewhere thats relevant

Thank you!

@gilaraujo, you just joined this forum and now you having questions about step by step
read the rules and helps from step 1-6 everything what you need to know is in there, you can also search on youtube 

Don't send Buddy Requests with no reasons
Rules 1-6

Understandably so. Googling the Error mentioned in this thread brought me here, i did try to replicate the solution given, but got strange results, ence why i registered to ask the question

I do understand what you mean though.

Thumbs Up 
I have the same issue for days and haven't been able to find a solution to it. Anything new?

in step 1-6 are the rules and most helps you need, also how to upload mesh
this is also handy to read, or use the search, 

most of the time it gives this error LOD Model has no parent then the dae file isnt ok,
what Tonix said is the best import it in Blender looks how it looks like, and save it, 
and try it again
Don't send Buddy Requests with no reasons
Rules 1-6

I had this issue and found this thread ...  i realised after much messing around that the object I had exported to collada was parented to another object in Blender ... clearing the parenting and re-exporting fixed it for me ...

hope this helps

go to top task bar Advanced>>Show Debug Settings>>ImporterLegacyMatching and make sure it is set to true.. Your rigging stays intact.. You might also need to do this every time you relog, I have had to on 6.4.21.

@MzDemeaner Thanks! I had this error and your solution fixed my issues <3

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Material of Model is not a subset of reference material - Error molibdeno 1 1,196 05-16-2021, 07:26 PM
Last Post: Kiri
  NOT A SUBSET OF REFERENCE MODEL choo 6 2,216 11-10-2020, 07:31 PM
Last Post: nahmkitty