Help to compile Firestorm.

Thread Started By Bamboletto72

• 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Rate Thread
Hi everyone.
If possible, I would need help with compiling Firestorm 64 bit.
I have followed the instructions on the official wiki, installed and followed the steps, entered the AUTOBUILD_VSVER system variables at 150, but when I give the command to compile, I get returned the error that the AUTOBUILD_VSVER Variable is not configured.
what is the problem?
Thanks in advance to all.

maybe is your answer on this page, 

[To see links please register here]

if not search on google your problem, it's an institution from firestorm
Don't send Buddy Requests with no reasons
Rules 1-6

Wink 
(11-06-2021, 02:15 PM)Lagertha Wrote:

maybe is your answer on this page, 

if not search on google your problem, it's an institution from firestorm

Thanks a lot! I'll try your solution. I'm following the instructions from the firestorm wiki for windows, but the autobuild always hangs giving that error (but also others that I'll check later), I've looked at other blogs and forums, honestly there is not much, in the end since in this forum there is a lot of help, I decided to ask. Thanks again :)
That's the wiki I already following along with other blogs but can't find solution :( thanks anyway.

I have already followed this guide, and before posting I tried various solutions on google but I can not find anything that can help me solve the problem related to autobuild. thanks for the help and response :)

hey sorry if this thread is unrelated but I don't know how to start a new one.. I wanted to ask can anyone tell me a viewer that works correctly in 2021? so far the only one I got to work was firestorm pro but I can't load my avatar and other avis correctly when I am in it. Also the others I've tried but I get an error when I try to log in that says my pc time and date is set incorrectly? I am just really lost and starting now so I was wondering if anyone here could help me..

nevermind I got hydrastorm working yayyy

Were you able to resolve the issue? The autobuild var can be set as a system wide var in  control panel. If you are going to be using it often that is reccomended.  The var is mainly used when doing the configure step with autobuild so it knows which runtimes to copy and how to setup the project file specifying which toolset / compiler to use.

After you add or change anything in your environment variables, you have to relog as your Windows user or the build scripts won't see the changes.

The autobuild scripts are also very fragile, you have to have your env vars in a specific order and you can't have multiple instances of MSVC installed. I might write a post about all the different gotchas I've run into.

Here's a lil guide that mentions a workaround for having multiple VS versions installed

Its important to either set the environment variables globally, or in the same command prompt session as you're running autobuild command in.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Speed and performance Hydrastorm and firestorm LINDENBLACK 2 2,443 09-29-2021, 04:16 PM
Last Post: slimbarrowstone
Exclamation How to compile FireStorm on Ubuntu 20.04 jagiwig920 0 1,539 10-15-2020, 02:34 PM
Last Post: jagiwig920