SL shape mixer / Frankenstein

Thread Started By Chewie

• 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Rate Thread
hey folks,

i remember a small program that would take 2 exported shaps and place the head of one and tge vody of the other on it and make a combined new shape. I havent been able to find it in seach, si would comeone be able to show me the thread where it lives?

would really appreciate it

@Chewie, skin is a template, shape are just numbers on a avatar
but i dont know what you mean, never heard of it, but i googled maybe you search for this

[To see links please register here]

Don't send Buddy Requests with no reasons
Rules 1-6

hi!

i was on the other forum for a long time, and someone produced a program that could take exported shapes and mix the head, top or bottom parameters  and output a .shape that you could then upload. i had a copy of it but it was lost in a ransomeware attack. itts a chame because it was quite useful and faster than taking 2 shame and mixing the numers by hand.

Better late than never. What you're looking for is called DR Frank - Shape Combiner.

Quote:Step 1 / 3 - Export Head and Body Shapes
========================

Enable the developer menu:-
    Firestorm: Avatar > Preferences > Advanced > Show Developer Menu
    SecondLife: Me > Preferences > Advanced > Show Develop Menu

For each shape:
    a.  Wear the shape
    b.  Export it to XML: Go to Developer >  Avatar > Character Tests > Appearance to XML

Step 2 / 3 - Combine in Dr Frank
========================

a. Download and run the latest version of Dr. Frank from the link included
(On the page, click where it says 'Download here')

b. Browse for the head and body shapes you exported.

c. Click 'Combine' and save the combined shape when prompted.

Step 3 / 3 - Import new shape
========================

a. In SecondLife, make a copy of your existing shape in your inventory. (Or create a new shape if no-mod)
b. Wear the shape and Right click -> Edit it
c. Click 'Import' and import the newly created shape. Don't forget to save!

You're done! 

wow im over here trying to picther all this in my head on what to do and how it will look and work  but from the sound of it .shit it sounds like something that would be nice can you do that with any body and head say like demos ??

Find the latest version of Dr Frank here: