Deformer making

Thread Started By bandernit

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rate Thread
Hello,

Im not sure if this is the correct thread to post in, but i suppose maybe its close to it ... Anyway back to the point.
Im trying to make a deformer where the skeleton chest and belly goes in further to the body, making them smaller . I used avastar and its skeleton and it seems to have worked , problem is that when i extract it as avastar .dae , the whole top chest is deformed , thus the shoulders are realligned to the correct positions that are not like the natural bodies . My question is , can i somehow only save the deformed bones and then extract it to SL so it only deforms areas ive reassigned ? Or rather, how can i do certain area deformers ?

Thank you

Not sure why do you need dae object for that but i guess you can just use deform animation for that.. After making the animation yon just need to add "the animation" + "animate on wear/add" scritp into any object and it should trigger the deform animation..

Does it have to be .anim or .bvh , or is there no difference .. Also if so, can i like push in the chest bones and then locrot on frame 0 and just save it as .bvh ?

(09-20-2020, 10:39 AM)bandernit Wrote:

[To see links please register here]

Does it have to be .anim or .bvh , or is there no difference .. Also if so, can i like push in the chest bones and then locrot on frame 0 and just save it as .bvh ?

it supports both .anim and bvh.. for the rest i am not the right guy to ask .. i have no about animation frames etc ..

Ok, i figured it out.. But my questions is, If Anyone can answere here , is it possible to deform the arm muscles, make them deflate more or in other words, make them smaller ? The chest seems to work as well as other areas, but i cant figure out the arms. Which bone is it or how do i deflate or make them smaller ?

From my experience the arms can only go so far with deformers. You'll have to find a copy of the dev kit for the body you're working with and sculpt the arms to how you want them. I've seen some effective deformation done on the jake body biceps before, not any other body. It always looks off. I believe the store was called "Must Trade". The creator was able to jank the arm in such a way to make it look smoother. Still not the best approach. I would just re-mesh the arms personally. Which body are you using?

Talk about an alzheimers moment. I just replied to a post from 2 years ago. I need to go to bed Suicide101.001

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Arm deformer bandernit 3 1,740 09-21-2020, 12:54 PM
Last Post: bandernit
  Making Male Skins Help. RawLit 3 1,781 05-10-2020, 12:30 PM
Last Post: Lagertha
  Making Alpha Layer YouTube Tutorial ArilyW 7 7,785 06-14-2016, 12:24 AM
Last Post: ZeroThe10th