SLCacheViewer issues

Thread Started By monsterchild

• 8 Vote(s) - 2.63 Average
Rate Thread
I figured I'd ask before totally losing my mind-

For those that use SLCacheviewer, if its possible to help- recently updated to Windows 10. At first, the cacheviewer worked. But then had to reformat the hard drive (long story). After reformating, downloading all the proper excutables and dot.net frameworks it still says I need to install the C++ visuals and to make sure the DLL's are in the same folder.

I have downloaded. Installed. Uninstalled. Reinstalled. The whole just and nada. I'm debating just defaulting to a full viewer now for textures needs but I don't want to put my toe in the water yet if I can fix this. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Hi @monsterchild

Please see STEP 3: TUTORIALS

[To see links please register here]

if you need assistance. Thank you.

(06-21-2020, 02:31 AM)monsterchild Wrote:

I figured I'd ask before totally losing my mind-

For those that use SLCacheviewer, if its possible to help- recently updated to Windows 10. At first, the cacheviewer worked. But then had to reformat the hard drive (long story). After reformating, downloading all the proper excutables and dot.net frameworks it still says I need to install the C++ visuals and to make sure the DLL's are in the same folder.

I have downloaded. Installed. Uninstalled. Reinstalled. The whole just and nada. I'm debating just defaulting to a full viewer now for textures needs but I don't want to put my toe in the water yet if I can fix this. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Since you probably won't get any decent replies from forum staff, noticed from reading through the forum they just post same replies to everything.

Goto 

look at the exact things that need to be installed.
If you have later versions, then you'll have to uninstall them, then re-install the packs you need, test cache viewer to make sure it works.
Then install later packs again.

One thing to note:
If you use firestorm, cache viewer works great, but, if you use hydrastorm then cacheviewer can no longer read the textures, you'll have to delete entire cache folder contents then load up again with official fs viewer again.

Cacheviewer works fine with revelator cache files too.

Hope that helps.

Hi @DumbDumb

Please see STEP 3: TUTORIALS

if you need assistance. Thank you.

rep++
actual help instead of copypasta garbage :) p.s. love the old but still good sl cashe vierwr really wish some one with more brains world recompile it for the new firestorm though as it does miss a lot  now days (still nabs pesky sculpts and textures fairly well) fyi sculpts are simply 1 serface meshes and only cost 1 li preriod hover ther are bad sculpts just like there are bad meshes made with crap programs ..
"I'm Just a simple person trying to make my way in the universe" - Jango Fett - bounty hunter 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  issues with darkstorm beta..? Prometheus 3 1,560 01-19-2022, 06:03 PM
Last Post: Necrok
  Serious Issues Exporting Mesh! OnyxAmethyst 22 23,176 06-30-2016, 08:23 PM
Last Post: hugh janus