Help with uploading rigged mesh from demo

Thread Started By sinykk

• 8 Vote(s) - 3.13 Average
Rate Thread
There's a demo rigged mesh that I exported using hydrastorm and

[To see links please register here]

on exporting rigged and Bento mesh.

However, when I try to upload the dae, I get the "Material of model is not a subset of reference model" error. Because the root prim is the demo box floating above the head

As suggested by a user in the thread, I imported and exported via blender, but now the object is rigged to the hand.

A little trouble shooting would be appreciated. Thank you.

Slight update.

Bought the item so I had a non demo version since my goal was to change the textures. Ripped it, and then uploaded it, and same thing is happening, it's not rigged. Seems like exporting it removes the rigging.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

"Material of model is not a subset of reference model"
Worst kind of error!
From resetting all the materials in blender to deleting or adding root prims with materials in blender etc: it's hit and miss.
I thought I had it all figured out, but recently I have been struggling with a particular set of clothing and none of my usual fixes have helped.

> You can post a link and I will be happy to try for you.

But losing the rigging wouldn't have anything to do with Blender, either you ripped an object that wasn't worn, or you exported or imported it incorrectly

(04-07-2020, 07:39 PM)D0gstar Wrote:

[To see links please register here]

"Material of model is not a subset of reference model"
Worst kind of error!
From resetting all the materials in blender to deleting or adding root prims with materials in blender etc: it's hit and miss.
I thought I had it all figured out, but recently I have been struggling with a particular set of clothing and none of my usual fixes have helped.

> You can post a link and I will be happy to try for you.

But losing the rigging wouldn't have anything to do with Blender, either you ripped an object that wasn't worn, or you exported or imported it incorrectly
I did get the rigging figured out.

I wasn't uploading the dae properly. Like an idiot I forgot to go into upload options in SL and didn't have weights selected (can't remember the name of the exact options)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Uploading textures on a mesh object with Alpha Blending/Masking Singmeasong 3 803 03-01-2023, 04:36 PM
Last Post: Saeki Amae
  uploading XML linksets ukparis 1 537 02-09-2023, 03:00 PM
Last Post: Zincharp
  Tutorial for uploading xml mesh with hydrastorm viewer and meshconverter hwarren101 11 2,701 01-14-2023, 04:48 PM
Last Post: Lagertha
  Mesh damaged after uploading to SL sarayanna 1 648 12-16-2022, 04:44 PM
  Tutorial for uploading xml mesh with hydrastorm viewer and meshconverter hwarren101 0 460 12-11-2022, 03:14 AM
Last Post: hwarren101
  Exporting Demo Skins Aooni 1 845 01-13-2022, 07:48 PM
Last Post: D0gstar
  Uploading Skin? Turning Gray? Riribabyboss 4 1,612 11-28-2021, 08:28 AM
Last Post: GTXXTG
  Problem uploading .dae sarayanna 2 1,746 11-12-2020, 09:43 AM
  Uploading Mesh crimdon 11 2,957 11-09-2020, 11:45 AM
Last Post: crimdon
  trouble uploading mesh into sl yorkie 0 875 05-04-2020, 09:44 AM
Last Post: yorkie