BOM Extraction

Thread Started By Moldy soup

• 12 Vote(s) - 2.58 Average
Rate Thread
Not sure if this is the right place to post but I'm looking for some info on ripping baked on mesh textures.  Seems when I use Darkstorm, that viewer isnt supported and I only see the red /yellow/blue Baked texture.  When I use Hydra, the texture that I rip is just gray when I try and make it into a texture for me.  Also, whats up with the legacy skin?  I wanted to make mine into BOM and the texture is odd.  Do they use different UV maps?  PLease help! I've read through some turtorials but didn't seem to find a solution.  Thanks!!!  :)

Hi,
BoM uses the same maps.
With Hydra, find the av in the nearby list, then, on the top right ...

[To see links please register here]

... inspect textures

... click on the texture you want to copy

... and the UUID. Done

:ThumbsUp: And this wouldnt work with Darkstorm because this viewer doesn't support BOM? Right?  But what about the Legacy body applier skin.  Everytime I try and get the texture this is what I get.  

How do I make those texture UUID's into a wearable BOM?

If you are inspecting the textures by clicking directly on the mesh body, be careful because you may be clicking only on the feet and hands, instead right-click on the avatar name, look for the option in the tool menu Hydrastorm, inspect texture, search within the list of textures for the correct map UVs.

Not sure if this is the right place to post but I'm looking for some info on ripping baked on mesh textures.  Seems when I use Darkstorm, that viewer isnt supported and I only see the red /yellow/blue Baked texture.  When I use Hydra, the texture that I rip is just gray when I try and make it into a texture for me.  Also, whats up with the legacy skin?  I wanted to make mine into BOM and the texture is odd.  Do they use different UV maps?  PLease help! I've read through some turtorials but didn't seem to find a solution.  Thanks!!!  :)

Legacy has two system skins, the legacy one with their own UVMapped textures (that seem to come from the 4K textures worlds (Unity, Unreal), why they look "unusual"),  that is uploaded on mesh via a server connected through the media channel. By the way, that was also the trick used by sim owners to track the IP of resident, that is forbidden by TOS, but supposed to be blocked by Linden Lab, but only supposed. Nothing prevents theoretically Legacy's owners to track the IP of their buyers or Demo testers. The other one, is the BOM system with Linden Lab UVMap, otherwise the Applier system for mesh bodies which spread LL UVMapped skin textures. So a very complete mesh body.