"Save As" failing to download anims from inventory

Thread Started By additivemagick

• 13 Vote(s) - 3.23 Average
Rate Thread
This has happened to me just today and I wanted to know if anyone else is having the same issue. Having used a viewer to get the animations and notecards into my inventory folder from a piece of furniture I usually right click on that folder and "Save As" to download to my hard drive. Today all animations are failing with a  "failed download" message. Notecards, however, are downloading fine. Anyone else expeiencing this? Maybe it's me. I see this in both DS and Revelator.<br />
<br />
Thanks.

yeah, I'm getting that error too, it even crashes when you save individual files. However it only happens with some files and not others like I tried to save these dance files and it all failed and crashed, but a swimming animation and a bento AO worked fine.. I dont know whats causing it, maybe SL is shifting something again.. Best save as many as you can just in case.

Thanks for the response as I thought I was going loopy or something. I am seeing very weird behavior. As an example, if I log in with a non god mode viewer I have no issues, all inventory is here. If I log in with a god mode viewer, be it DS or Revelator or FS Pro I get all kinds of missing inventory issues for system type stuff like:

Failed to find body part named Boy Next Door Medium Skin in the database.
Failed to find body part named Boy Next Door Eyes in the database.

etc.. etc... and as a result I end up as a orange cloud cos the mandatory base parts aren't available

..and I'm getting flooded with messages like this in 'Nearby Chat' about not being able to load gestures, although I have no idea why gestures are being loaded anyway:

[07:13] Creating the bridge. This might take a moment, please wait.
[07:13] Bridge created.
[07:16] Second Life: Unable to load gesture /ahh - AAAAHHHHHHHhhhhhh....

I'm wondering if this is LSL bridge related, but have no evidence either way.

Well, hope folks have better luck than me. I can still save anims etc, but now it is one by one through the animation explorer (340+ to go :( ) instead of bulk through "Save As" and all my gestures seem missing. Strangely, Save As is still working for me, for notecards.

And again, the really odd thing is it's only my Godmode browsers suffering. I wonder if the rolling restarts might correct this somehow, so I'll report again after Tuesday, just in case someone is actually interested in my trials and tribulations LOL.

Hmm I did find that sims on Second Life Server 19.06.11.528038 seem to have better saving results
try coming here

[To see links please register here]

I've been having good luck saving non savable things here.

I can't get to that dress currently, maybe it is offline. This does seem to be affecting a few people though, this thread is short, but highlights exactly what I am also experiencing. Thanks Zero for your help.

[To see links please register here]

As a follow up, I was able to get to that landZero, but no dice.

I believe, and correct me if I am wrong, that Revelator Alpha is based on Singularity 1.8.6 and I also believe that this latest server roll out has broken it and it needs patching, so if 1.8.6 is in need of patching, so might Revelator Alpha.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Copy Inventory Item BRATFIED 3 496 01-30-2024, 07:49 PM
Last Post: Lagertha
  How to download textures by their UUID without a viewer? Saeki Amae 5 1,164 11-19-2022, 03:27 PM
Last Post: Ribaudy
  Can Hydrastorm Save OARS Aprice 2 1,253 02-26-2021, 11:12 AM
Last Post: ZeroThe10th
  I cant download and cant see some posts :с Mesmera 9 4,279 05-07-2020, 04:22 PM
Last Post: Lagertha
  animation save problem ratzar 6 2,578 03-11-2020, 08:14 AM
Last Post: perplexities
  gacha thing have disappeared from inventory Copypast 0 1,055 07-27-2019, 07:44 AM
Last Post: Copypast
  download Meshes sl help roger61 2 3,314 02-24-2019, 05:50 PM
Last Post: mari
  Backing up inventory ryaesh 5 6,684 06-19-2016, 09:23 AM
Last Post: ryaesh
  Is there any way to create a backup of your inventory to desktop? Schtonk 5 7,596 06-18-2016, 01:34 AM
Last Post: Schtonk
Exclamation Save My Hair! Hauna 2 5,066 06-17-2016, 09:46 PM
Last Post: Hauna