New to copybotting - guidance please!

Thread Started By baleth

• 30 Vote(s) - 3.1 Average
Rate Thread
<p>I need some basic help because I'm new to this. I'm trying to get my own (mostly prim) creations out of my inventory and onto my desktop so I can import them into the OSgrid. I see a lot about mesh, animations, etc. but what about good old fashioned prims? If anyone has the patience to explain how I do this, or to point me to the post I need to check out, I would be very grateful. I'm using darkstorm, and don't want to hang around in SL on it trying to figure the interface out!<br /><br />
 </p>

You wil export it to your desktop, then import into your viewer in OSGrid.

The procedure is same for a single prim or a linkset which can be quite large.  It is good to practice it with a simple prim, not knowing if OSGrid charges you for uploading.   

Rez a box in SL.  Right click on your box and at the top of the menu, click on Darkstorm and select xml export.  From the options box that opens, select the download textures check box and then DS Export.  In the explorer window that opens, the name of the box (object unless you changed it) will appear.  Once you start exporting, you will see a notification "it may take a while for assets to upload".  A simple box will be very fast..... a linkset of 100 prims with tons of textures may take a while.  The notification is on a timer, I think) so you can't rely on that to tell when it is finished.  

If you go back to your explorer or file manager window, you wil seel your object, with a new icon and also a folder which will say Object_assets.  That folder contains all the stuff it uploaded.  

To get it back into your viewer....you need to go to the top menu bar and next to Avatar is says Darkstorm.  Click on this and select "Import xml/linkset.  You will select the Object (not the _assets folder).  From the preference window that opens, select the Upload Textures check box and select DS Import.  

You will see a box with three progress bars.....One shows the number of assets and you can see them importing, then it shows the prim progress.  Once it is complete, you object will appear.  Big linksets may take a while.....

Hope this helps.

Good answer, I’m giving you rep for that:ThumbsUp:  

[To see links please register here]

Thank you!

(08-27-2018, 02:18 PM)WDR59911 Wrote:

Thank you!

Me too, and thanks very much for taking the time to explain!

Thanks again for the help. NOW, I am wearing a mesh bento head in SL that I want to export to OS, but when I use either Darkstorm or Firestorm Professional, the head doesn't show up. Is the FS version difference the problem? Hands and body do show up, so it's not a bento thing as far as I can tell. Do I need to try a different<br /><br />
viewer which might be better for this?<br /><br />
<br /><br />
I just realized that the head appears to be attached to the lower back and is distorted, and creates errors if I attempt to save a copy or otherwise manipulate, telling me to view the log - which I also cannot find.<br /><br />
<br /><br />
:tired:

(08-26-2018, 07:09 PM)WDR59911 Wrote:

You wil export it to your desktop, then import into your viewer in OSGrid.

The procedure is same for a single prim or a linkset which can be quite large.  It is good to practice it with a simple prim, not knowing if OSGrid charges you for uploading.   

Rez a box in SL.  Right click on your box and at the top of the menu, click on Darkstorm and select xml export.  From the options box that opens, select the download textures check box and then DS Export.  In the explorer window that opens, the name of the box (object unless you changed it) will appear.  Once you start exporting, you will see a notification "it may take a while for assets to upload".  A simple box will be very fast..... a linkset of 100 prims with tons of textures may take a while.  The notification is on a timer, I think) so you can't rely on that to tell when it is finished.  

If you go back to your explorer or file manager window, you wil seel your object, with a new icon and also a folder which will say Object_assets.  That folder contains all the stuff it uploaded.  

To get it back into your viewer....you need to go to the top menu bar and next to Avatar is says Darkstorm.  Click on this and select "Import xml/linkset.  You will select the Object (not the _assets folder).  From the preference window that opens, select the Upload Textures check box and select DS Import.  

You will see a box with three progress bars.....One shows the number of assets and you can see them importing, then it shows the prim progress.  Once it is complete, you object will appear.  Big linksets may take a while.....

Hope this helps.

Sorry....newbie question.....Once Avatar is uploaded to OSGrid how do I bring it back to Second Life or is that even possible?

Thanx

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Geizer Opensim and Copybotting Guide Geizer 1 2,813 03-28-2020, 07:52 PM
Last Post: Geizer
  Have you ever been caught by someone copybotting or your items being worn? Condoms 2 5,034 06-07-2015, 10:09 PM
Last Post: Condoms