PROBLEM IMPORTING A DAE FILE IN BLENDER

Thread Started By alexis

• 72 Vote(s) - 3.19 Average
Rate Thread
Hello all Im rather new here and hate asking maybe stupid questions but this time i must do it.

downoades the maitreya -Lara messbody DAE file and when I import it to the blender instead a head, torso and lowerbody i get a few dozen pieces all one over the other like a puzzle, is this normal or am I doing someting wrong?
I also tried to upload the dae into SL using firestorm as usual and get the same pack of pieces.

thanks in advance for any help
Alexis

Attached Files Image(s)

Actually it's not a stupid question. It's one of the more 'frustrating' things about learning, :) . What you are seeing is the 'layers' (think of the alpha hud) for the body. Assembled it's a complete ENTIRE complex body with all faces. But saving from SL the .dae file doesn't do the rigging. Your best bet is to make sure all alphas or off, showing all body parts. Detach or copy/paste, up to you, and then rez a copy inworld. After that do the save->collada file.

(07-08-2017, 04:07 PM)SimiP Wrote:

[To see links please register here]

Actually it's not a stupid question. It's one of the more 'frustrating' things about learning, :) . What you are seeing is the 'layers' (think of the alpha hud) for the body. Assembled it's a complete ENTIRE complex body with all faces. But saving from SL the .dae file doesn't do the rigging. Your best bet is to make sure all alphas or off, showing all body parts. Detach or copy/paste, up to you, and then rez a copy inworld. After that do the save->collada file.

thank you, for the anwer, now it is clear, I cant expext a rigged body mesh form sl only if it is an original obj or dae and this is almost impossible

I just tried to do the same thing today and got the same results. Has anyone found a way around this?

If one was to export the Utilizator Avatar 2.0 into Daz3D or Blender for use in UE4, how would that be possible? I'm trying to use it for a custom character for a personal game I am making.

I am having trouble uploading a mesh. Gives "Parsing error see log for details". I have searched high and low and tried multiple "Fixes" to no avail. anyone that can offer insight would be appreciated

Sad 
This also happens to me, and I can not find anything out there. Does anyone know something?

If you are having this issue please refer to the how to  extract rigged mesh video

Yeah, you can't just extract rigged mesh from SL like you would static mesh, the result will give you what you see now. Mostly because the creators break it up like this as a sort of protection .
HOwEVER if you use Meshes SL, with Darkstorm you can get pretty much any body you want.
(Of course there are some cases where even using that will give you some crazy results)

Very nice. Thanks

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [split] import.xml into Blender Spiritsdancer1 2 515 12-25-2023, 10:08 PM
Last Post: Spiritsdancer1
Wink Importing shape XML awildzoey 1 488 11-11-2023, 05:15 PM
Last Post: Lagertha
  Missing UV Maps & Blender Swifty 13 2,817 05-18-2023, 03:52 PM
  [HELP] Importing shape XML from another avatar hwarren101 1 833 12-07-2022, 01:09 PM
Last Post: ZeroThe10th
  Legacy body Texture Problem sarayanna 2 762 12-05-2022, 05:35 PM
Last Post: sarayanna
  Loosing rig by importing to blender sarayanna 2 840 12-03-2022, 01:01 PM
Last Post: sarayanna
  importing XML newguynow 2 935 05-07-2022, 12:08 AM
Last Post: newguynow
  [split] XML file VRDRebel 12 2,258 03-28-2022, 09:38 AM
  Error With Exporting and Importing Head Aooni 0 845 01-17-2022, 12:33 AM
Last Post: Aooni
Question problem copy Samusoryne 0 788 12-23-2021, 04:23 AM