An in depth interview with Nikolas Actor - Dean Lawson reporting

Thread Started By Second Life

• 48 Vote(s) - 2.98 Average
Rate Thread
An in depth interview with Nikolas Actor - Dean Lawson reporting

[To see links please register here]

Onlinker.com is a social network website created by Second Life resident Nikolas Actor for other Second Life residents. I had the good fortune to speak with Nikolas about this new project.

Dean Lawson : Could you describe what

is?

Nikolas Actor : OnLinker.com is a social network for second life’s users. It is unbelievably flexible and easy to use. With OnLinker.com you can advertise your products, create groups, organize events, write blogs and so much more…

Dean Lawson : What was your inspiration for Onlinker.com?

Nikolas Actor : Good question, i find a lot of difficulties trying to get in touch with my friends, when i'm using someone else's laptop, more over when you make an account in facebook for your second life account, it only takes one single report to lose your facebook account ... so i had this idea of making a social network ... it helps also the seller ... they can stay in touch with their customers they can check their messages easily and offer support them support … and of course there is a "Newsfeed"which allow anyone to publish photo/video/status or whatever, and it goes live everyone using onlinker can see it … so it makes it easier for advertising and other things.

Dean Lawson : Before inviting me to your office you sent me a message stating you wanted to verify my account for OnLinker.com Is this a standard practice?

Nikolas Actor : It's our policy, we are trying to keep everyone using their own avatar's name … because someone may use someone else name and cause him/her problem here in world ... so people with the tag "Verified" are using their own names to keep things safe

Dean Lawson : If people do not verify their identity with you are their accounts deleted?

Nikolas Actor : Yes, after a certain time … we have a good team, always someone is online, however if none is online users can leave a message saying that they are the owners of the account in our website

Dean Lawson : On your profile it says you have been a Second Life Resident for 7 years 8 months. Is this the first time you've created this type of project?

Nikolas Actor : Yes this is the first time, i'm just back to sl a month ago and i started OnLinker.com … there will be more one or two more project related to it soon …  I'm working on some Networked Adboards which will be controlled from a single server and the ads can be showed in several adboards around the second life grid the adboards locations will be displayed on OnLinker.com as well

Dean Lawson : If someone wanted to join your team how would they do this? Is this a paid position or volunteer?

Nikolas Actor : For now there is only volunteer positions, because we are a free social network we don't ask users to pay to use our services, however in the future the team will paid for sure

Dean Lawson : Onlinker.com is currently holding a logo contest, did you want to explain what this is for our readers?

Nikolas Actor: Sure … in our community everything is done, by the vote of users … so right now the contest, which was an idea of our sponsors ... we are asking people to make a Logo for OnLinker.com and the winning logo will be set as the official one and the winner get L$10,000 donated by our sponsors

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bloodlines : An RP Success Story - Seersha Heart Reporting... Second Life 1 2,740 06-29-2020, 09:18 AM
Last Post: 4nine
  THEFT AND FRAUD IN SECOND LIFE-Scripts that Steal - Dean Lawson Reporting Second Life 1 6,732 08-31-2018, 06:32 AM
Last Post: klaus1011
  GiZzA Creations Knows what is Hot for Winter– Camury Reporting Second Life 0 3,029 12-29-2016, 01:45 PM
Last Post: Second Life
  Getting Older Better: Whole Brain Health SIM- Seersha Heart Reporting... Second Life 0 2,872 12-27-2016, 01:25 PM
  Getting Older Better: Whole Brain Health SIM- Seersha Heart Reporting... Second Life 0 2,755 12-27-2016, 01:25 PM
  Art for art’s Sake : Top five Virtual Galleries- Ceciliaroslie Reporting... Second Life 0 2,712 12-26-2016, 01:10 PM
  Santa Claus : A menace to society? - Dean Lawson reporting Second Life 0 2,792 12-24-2016, 12:55 PM
  Christmas : It's Time to Gift Happiness in Second Life – Camury Reporting Second Life 0 3,310 12-20-2016, 11:55 AM
  TOP 5 PLACES FOR A PERFECT FALL WEDDING Vapor Paragorn Reporting... Second Life 0 2,348 12-13-2016, 10:16 AM
  INTERVIEW WITH James (acousticenergy.nitely), CeciliaRosalie reporting... Second Life 0 2,254 12-11-2016, 10:06 AM