Lumiya SL Viewer for Android Gets Major UI Update

Thread Started By Second Life

• 42 Vote(s) - 2.9 Average
Rate Thread
Lumiya SL Viewer for Android Gets Major UI Update

[To see links please register here]

, recently got a whole host of updates that longtime SL artist Douglas Story just e-mailed me excitedly about. (Disclosure: Lumiya and its talented creator,

, were NWN media partners a few years ago, but I sadly haven't heard from her in awhile.) I don't regularly use an Android device or currently have one on-hand, so let Mr. Story tell you what's in store:

"The UI has changed extensively, with a completely different (and more 'app-like', if you will) layout. But the main thing is that you can now zoom and cam around using pinch and drag on the screen. MUCH easier. The new version also allows you to activate animations, so now you can do the Funky Chicken whenever you desire. There's the introduction of persistent chat records and a whole raft of other features. Given that there are tens of thousands of these already bought and paid for, the fact that she did this free major upgrade suggests to me that this is a labor of love for her."

He's not kidding about "tens of thousands":

Lumiya has been downloaded 50,000-100,000 times, which is something like 1 in 10 or more of the total active SL userbase of some 600,000. Anyway,

, and

Please share this post:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Google Daydream Thrusts VR Into Android vs. iOS Wars Second Life 0 1,635 10-04-2016, 08:15 PM
Last Post: Second Life
  Bento Be Release Candidate for Official SL Viewer Second Life 0 3,022 09-16-2016, 03:56 PM
  One-Click Viewer for OpenSim Goes Open Source Second Life 0 2,008 08-29-2016, 05:45 PM
  Avatar Social Network for MMOers Gets Major Update Second Life 0 1,574 08-19-2016, 08:23 PM
  3rd Party SL Viewer for Consumer Oculus Rift Available Second Life 0 1,913 07-14-2016, 04:35 AM
  The extinction viewer was A free trial!!!!!! Ap0110 4 8,522 05-22-2016, 08:16 PM
Last Post: xXx-Goonie-xXx