Crashing When Saving

Thread Started By purplesrain

• 46 Vote(s) - 2.85 Average
Rate Thread
Hello, I have tried solving this on my own, however I am having no luck. I am trying to export mesh items and have tried all copybot viewers. The viewers will not export textures....when I hit "save as" all of the viewers aside from Firestorm pro will go unresponsive. That being said, Firestorm Pro will let me save a .dae file, however it will not pull the textures. It pulls the prim in, but no textures. I can save .oxp (not sure what that is) but nothing else.Not sure what is going on. Any ideas for me? Thank you.

(06-22-2016, 04:33 AM)purplesrain Wrote:

[To see links please register here]

Hello, I have tried solving this on my own, however I am having no luck. I am trying to export mesh items and have tried all copybot viewers. The viewers will not export textures....when I hit "save as" all of the viewers aside from Firestorm pro will go unresponsive. That being said, Firestorm Pro will let me save a .dae file, however it will not pull the textures. It pulls the prim in, but no textures. I can save .oxp (not sure what that is) but nothing else.Not sure what is going on. Any ideas for me? Thank you.

Actually I am going to add in here, (i cant find an option to edit original post) that the items I am exporting are furniture pieces. The .dae file has no textures in it when I open it on local computer. Suppose I cannot fix the crash error, witll there be another way for me to put the textures on Inworld. Some of the items I have are from a store and from stuff I have personally purchased in the past. I am happy to share them, I just need to figure out how to get these things exported. 

You have to save the textures separately for collada/.dae files. You can apply the textures back to the collada file after you import it back ro SL. Regarding .oxp files, these are referred to as a linkset file, it's just a better way to backup prims. Either one will suffice xml or .oxp. However with xml your usage are limited to copybot viewers. With .oxp these can be imported with any regular Firestorm viewer.

Thank your the help. I am going to try to stop pestering about these issues I am having.
I did watch the videos on Youtube from The Mighty Gingko and read some tutorials here, but I am starting to wonder if their is a problem on my computer's side, because I am not getting the same results as the person's examples on the video, nor from the tutorials
On the Youtube video when making a collada/.dae file the box showed exportable prims 2/2 and exportable textures 3/3. (these numbers are just an example, I don't remember the exact ones)  On my side I will get 2/2 exportable prims, however for textures mine shows 0/4, this happens on Firestorm Pro only. On Darkstorm and any other viewer I will always get a number for exportable textures, I.E. 12/13 or 4/4... not a zero, but it freezes at 'save as'. Is it freezing because I am trying to pull the textures in along with the exportable prims?
I tried attaching a picture of what is happening on my side, that would show what is going on to avoid confusion, but it is not showing up in my post.  

You said I need to get the textures separately, how do I do that? With some of the items I was able to get them into my inworld inventory. I am trying to avoid upload fees, and I am assuming if I try to upload a mesh model from my computer to SL with textures vs without, it will cost more? Therefore I want to do as much inworld as possible. I get build kits and apply textures inworld.
Anyway, sorry if I am causing confusion...Usually I can figure things out, but this is proving more difficult. I will keep trying, hopefully I dont have to keep coming back here and bothering ppl. Thanks again.

Attached Files Image(s)