Maitreya Mesh Body - Lara Bootleg Dev kit

Thread Started By ZeroThe10th

• 114 Vote(s) - 3.04 Average
Rate Thread
Hi Guys! ,

(This is a special upload because it's our first sponsored research project, a nice vip who wishes to remain anon donated the funds and body to make this  project possible.
So if you think that  you rmoney doesnt do anything, it really does and here is the result.
It took like a month and 117 test renders before we got this.
So when you use this know that alot of work, money, and time went into this so you can create.
)

Okay this is a fine bootleg because it's damn near impossible to get the real deal, please expect some errors.

Because I'm blind , seriously b-l-i-n-d-

Somethings may not be lined up but It should fall within the acceptable error range, if you dont like it feel free to correct it.

So there are two types of dev kits,
One for BODY dev kit and one CLOTHES dev kit

The body kit is for those who want to make a mesh body or want the exp of having a Lara body.
"I want the mesh body and I want to wear those clothes."
This serves that purpose but it doesn't work so well with clothes, it's a little off.

Now the Clothing dev kit works for the purpose of making clothes, you can use that one for your MD and all that fun jazz with very little clipping.

As you will clearly notice there are seam lines on teh body, dunno how to correct that, I found that turning full bright on and sligjhtly tinting your body down corrects it in world, don;t know how to fix that in blender. as it was chopped up to do the alpha thing.
Speaking of which if you want to dev this as a wear able body you'll have to go into edit mode and seprate the body by loose parts, that should chop it up the way it was when I got it, or you coudl try playing with the raw files, That it in it's raw extracted state, fresh and vanilla!

Downside is all those layers and it's effing HUGE!
Soo have fun with that one >_>
[Image: 35n0fao.jpg]
If you're so happy with this project that you wnat to donate a little funds maybe some items to the squad please feel free to do so @

[To see links please register here]

( Press the donate button )
Good luck! o(^_^)b and We love you too ^_~*..

-Zero

P.S

I tossed in some extras to help your projects run smoothly as mine did. You know because I care ^_^

Tutorial on how to use the kit, It's super long so get a comfy chair. We will not be held responsable for blood loss in limbs.

Awesome! I have the body already, but have been desperate for the developer kit. Will try this out.

Lemme know if you run into any errors this kit is a WIp sorta thing :ThumbsUp:

awesome i will get some use out of this great post!

I've been playing around with the clothing kit and getting some very good results - it is way, way easier than trying to get the right weighting without the kit. Thank you so much Zero and Goonsquad for a truly awesome job! Now us lesser creators who are not worthy of the official maitreya kit have a chance too!

I wanted to ask you though about something weird that happens with the kit. If I try to change the appearance sliders, the body (just the body, not the hands or feet or armature) turns -90 degrees on the Z axis. The location and a few other proportions change slightly too, and i find it impossible to adjust it back into place without Ctrl Z to a point before I adjusted the slider.

It's not by any means a show stopper though - if i don't touch the blender appearance sliders and just get on with weighting then export to sl everything works fine including correct proportioning of clothing with the appearnce sliders in SL

Hmmm, you're welcome I glad you're able to use the kit, I think it might be doing that because the orginal file was -90 on the z axis, it may be trying to revert for some reason >_< I'm sorry that it's having this error.

(04-21-2016, 02:05 AM)ZeroThe10th Wrote:

Hi Guys! ,

(This is a special upload because it's our first sponsored research project, a nice vip who wishes to remain anon donated the funds and body to make this  project possible.
So if you think that  you rmoney doesnt do anything, it really does and here is the result.
It took like a month and 117 test renders before we got this.
So when you use this know that alot of work, money, and time went into this so you can create.
)

Okay this is a fine bootleg because it's damn near impossible to get the real deal, please expect some errors.

Because I'm blind , seriously b-l-i-n-d-

Somethings may not be lined up but It should fall within the acceptable error range, if you dont like it feel free to correct it.

So there are two types of dev kits,
One for BODY dev kit and one CLOTHES dev kit

The body kit is for those who want to make a mesh body or want the exp of having a Lara body.
"I want the mesh body and I want to wear those clothes."
This serves that purpose but it doesn't work so well with clothes, it's a little off.

Now the Clothing dev kit works for the purpose of making clothes, you can use that one for your MD and all that fun jazz with very little clipping.

As you will clearly notice there are seam lines on teh body, dunno how to correct that, I found that turning full bright on and sligjhtly tinting your body down corrects it in world, don;t know how to fix that in blender. as it was chopped up to do the alpha thing.
Speaking of which if you want to dev this as a wear able body you'll have to go into edit mode and seprate the body by loose parts, that should chop it up the way it was when I got it, or you coudl try playing with the raw files, That it in it's raw extracted state, fresh and vanilla!

Downside is all those layers and it's effing HUGE!
Soo have fun with that one >_>
[Image: 35n0fao.jpg]
If you're so happy with this project that you wnat to donate a little funds maybe some items to the squad please feel free to do so @

( Press the donate button )
Good luck! o(^_^)b and We love you too ^_~*..

-Zero

P.S

I tossed in some extras to help your projects run smoothly as mine did. You know because I care ^_^

Tutorial on how to use the kit, It's super long so get a comfy chair. We will not be held responsable for blood loss in limbs.

Thanks so much.  :Rose:
[Image: 1461546507_949iVzl9xNUiCCU.jpg]

This is so wonderful. 

I just found an old-ish version of Slink Physique if y'all ever want to take this on again, ha ha ha. Is anyone still wearing that body? I sort of hated it out of the gate.

I haven't rigged anything yet. I'm still trying to wrap my brain around MD and pushing my way through learning QCad to draft patterns right now, which is sort of painful. I know I'll be really glad I did later. But, BORING.

Thanks for bringing back my zeal for learning this stuff!!!! Y'all are awesome.

Pixel, you're having trouble with MD? what kinda MD troubles maybe i could help?
But then again you know in the end I'm gonna say Use MD2 XD :D

Hey girl!

Actually I figured out A Lot yesterday and made my first garment, and while it's not great it's fairly complex. I decided QCad is a bit over the top unless I want to make my own patterns or something, which I don't. (I just wanted to start off right, yanno?) So I just swiped one off of Google and traced it out. The textures... yeah well I don't have many yet, but I got to bed last night feeling like I actually got somewhere. So I guess I need more patterns, and I want to start with yoga tops since there aren't many good ones and I got one some time ago from a popular designer, and then promptly saw it all over the grid. Maitreya should not be so stingy. No one wants to show up somewhere wearing the same thing as 5 other avis. I could make "skank tops" for days. ;)

So next I have to learn how to work without a pattern but this is certainly a start I felt pretty good about.

If I start making good stuff feel free to come to my store and copybot the shit out of it, or I will just give it to ya. I just want to make enough to pay for my land tier and keep creating.

Cheers!! xoxo

p.s. The waist band is WAY too long.

[Image: 957e77f483c140d3af9725c8445d9098.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Maitreya Mesh Body - Lara V3.5 Summer 29 19,560 10-14-2023, 09:40 AM
Last Post: Th3G3ntl3M4n
  VAW XTC Nipples V3.1 - Mesh Body - Maitreya HolyBrew 0 2,614 05-14-2020, 12:13 AM
Last Post: HolyBrew
  [-Mokyu-]AHS-HINA Ver2.2(Mesh Anime Head & Body Skin) HolyBrew 0 1,913 05-04-2020, 02:42 AM
Last Post: HolyBrew
  Thread Modes Spirit Skins - Maitreya Body Applier Father 0 1,358 02-18-2018, 05:49 AM
Last Post: Father
  Slink Physique Hourglass Mesh Body L$1,250 VaNiTy 1 2,068 02-22-2017, 04:29 PM
Last Post: blueciara
  Slink Physique Mesh Body Version 2.9 Summer 2 2,790 07-18-2016, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Summer
  {Bossett} -Lidia- Maitreya Lara Mesh body Shape Summer 2 2,964 06-25-2016, 12:10 AM
  -Glam Affair - Maitreya Mesh Body - Lara V3.5 (Onyx LeShelle & Aida Ewing) Summer 0 2,141 06-12-2016, 10:02 PM
  Slink Physique Mesh Body Hourglass V1.4 Summer 0 2,673 06-12-2016, 09:09 PM
  Slink Physique Hourglass Mesh Body Summer 0 2,726 05-30-2016, 02:43 PM