Gaana.com Hacked, 10 Million Users' Details Exposed!

Thread Started By Condoms

• 84 Vote(s) - 3.12 Average
Rate Thread
Quote:Gaana.com -- One of India's most popular music streaming service with more than 10 Million registered users and 7.5 Million monthly visitors - has reportedly been hacked, exposing the site’s user information database.

A Pakistani hacker, who claimed responsibility for the hack, claims that details of over 10 Million users of Gaana service including their username, email addresses, MD5-encrypted password, date of births, and other personal information has been stolen and made available in a searchable database.

At the time of writing, Gaana website is currently down for maintenance without any official statement provided yet. As of now, the site displays, "Site is down due to server maintenance. We will be back shortly. Kindly bear with us till then."

The hacker, nicknamed Mak Man, posted the link to a searchable database of Gaana user details on his Facebook page, with images of the service's admin panel.

By exploiting an SQL injection vulnerability in Gaana website, Mak Man managed to gain access to the details of its 10 Million users. The hacker has also posted a screenshot of SQL exploit he used to get access to the data on Facebook.

Mak Man claimed that he reported the vulnerability by providing full details of the flaw to Gaana.com before. However, the company didn’t respond to his report and ignored, which results in the breach of innocent users personal information.

Times Internet CEO Satyan Gajwani replied to the hacker's post on Facebook later and apologised that the company hadn't responded to the security concerns raised by Mak Man.

"I don't think your intention is to expose personal information about Gaana users, but to highlight a vulnerability," Gajwani added. "Consider it highlighted, and we're 100% on it. Can I request that you take down access to the data, and delete it completely?"

Gajwani then took to Twitter and said that the company is considering the issue seriously and taking steps to fix it. He also said there is no financial or sensitive information lost. He also encourages all customers to reset their passwords as soon as possible.

However, simply changing passwords to your Gaana account would not solve the problem, as it will reflect in the leaked database. You are advised to better deactivate your accounts until the issue is resolved. Besides this, change your email, Facebook and Twitter passwords if you are using the same as on Gaana.

[To see links please register here]

Looks like a lot of personal information has been revealed. Never register on a music downloading website.. Your information may be gotten and you can be screwed if it does fall into the wrong hands.

Mmmhmm, this is why I get all my music from youtube,

(05-30-2015, 02:50 PM)ZeroThe10th Wrote:

[To see links please register here]

Mmmhmm, this is why I get all my music from youtube,

Those websites like beemp3, and even this one are not safe.
Like this instance, the database got compromised.
Youtube is better, and more fun. You can find anything there.

Everything in Beemp3 is always dead ;_:
i can never get a song from there like I used to.

I use MediaDrug for my music downloads

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  RELAY FOR LIFE OF SECOND LIFE PASSES $3 MILLION DOLLAR MILESTONE Second Life 0 3,333 01-10-2017, 11:30 PM
Last Post: Second Life
  Gear VR Gets 5M Users - Huge Growth From 1M Last May Second Life 0 2,281 01-05-2017, 09:27 PM
  High Fidelity Gets New $22 Million Investment to Grow Virtual Reality Platform Second Life 0 2,315 12-10-2016, 03:52 AM
  High Fidelity Gets New $22 Million Investment to Grow Virtual Reality Platform Second Life 0 2,514 12-10-2016, 03:52 AM
  High Fidelity Gets New $22 Million Investment to Grow Virtual Reality Platform Second Life 0 2,071 12-08-2016, 09:30 PM
  Does IDC Really Think People Will Buy Over 225 Million AR/VR Devices By 2020? Second Life 0 2,227 08-29-2016, 11:46 PM
  Does IDC Really Think People Will Buy Over 225 Million AR/VR Devices By 2020? Second Life 0 1,978 08-29-2016, 05:45 PM
  SL Firestorm Users Still Discovering Avatar Complexity "Jelly Doll" Feature Second Life 0 2,104 08-15-2016, 01:33 PM
  Oculus Users Consider Sansar Through Second Life Lens Second Life 0 1,900 07-23-2016, 06:28 AM
  Open Forum: How Will Brexit Impact SL's Many UK Users? Second Life 0 1,687 06-29-2016, 03:13 AM