Second Life Copybot
Ultimate Ripping Tool for Second Life - MeshFix v2 - Printable Version

+- Second Life Copybot (https://secondlifecopybot.com)
+-- Forum: ★☆ Start Here before doing anything else!! ☆★ (https://secondlifecopybot.com/forum-26.html)
+--- Forum: 5. Second Life Copybot Viewers (https://secondlifecopybot.com/forum-2.html)
+---- Forum: HydraStorm Copybot Viewer (https://secondlifecopybot.com/forum-1032.html)
+----- Forum: Tools (for XML) (https://secondlifecopybot.com/forum-1202.html)
+----- Thread: Ultimate Ripping Tool for Second Life - MeshFix v2 (/thread-29313.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

RE: Ultimate Ripping Tool for Second Life - MeshFix v2 - Lagertha - 04-06-2023

@orinivan

its a tool for second life 
deal with it till there comes a update that opensim is working too
have pattient

RE: Ultimate Ripping Tool for Second Life - MeshFix v2 - Saeki Amae - 04-07-2023

@orinivan
Hello :) About your issue about OpenSim:
The scripts that my tool generates are used to apply textures by their UUIDs without the need to upload and pay for textures.

Because OpenSim and Second Life don't share same asset servers, it's impossible to use SL texture UUIDs in OpenSim.

The other issue is that dae files uploaded to the OpenSim often lose their prim names - making them impossible to distinguish from each others.

Both things make the scripts generated by MeshFix useless in OpenSim, even if I corrected their syntax so they don't generate errors.

Best way to handle this issue would be coding new viewer that would handle all this stuff but such project is VERY time consuming.

I might add some feature to MeshFix to make it little easier to upload stuff to OS in the future but will see yet.

RE: Ultimate Ripping Tool for Second Life - MeshFix v2 - Saeki Amae - 04-07-2023

And about the new viewer project:

I like coding stuff and helping this community - this is why I have made MeshFix2 tool.

I would be able to code the viewer that would make copying stuff easier than ever.

However:
Under my main post, above download section I politely asked to leave a single post about your impressions about the app.
Maybe give me some hugs or rep points also. I wrote that it is important to me. And yet..

More than 250 people have downloaded my tool. But as you can see, very few actually left any post in this thread.
And only 3 persons: @Ap0110, @ZeroThe10th, @Jadwiga (You guys are amazing! <3) have given me any rep points for all the work
on this program. Such situation can really upset..

The amount of work required to make a new viewer will be even greater (months or more!) than for the MeshFix tool.

Therefore I decided not to start working on the new project until I see that more people actually care and appreciate what I do
or until somebody simply pays for me for this project.

I hope I don't sound too selfish or anything.. I just need some motivation to put so much my free time ino this kind of project.

Kisses everyone! <3

RE: Ultimate Ripping Tool for Second Life - MeshFix v2 - Jadwiga - 04-07-2023

@Saeki Amae,
you made a wonderfull tool.
Would be great to have also a Viewer based on actuall Firestorm or SL Viewer Source.

@Jadwiga I am really happy you like it! I know you are amazing and caring person, just wish there were more persons like you in here..

Actually Firestorm/SL viewer Source are awful. If I made new viewer I would make it using modern gaming engine
for high FPS, more graphics features and fixing hundreds of bugs that Firestorm coders can not fix because of the awfully written code.

RE: Ultimate Ripping Tool for Second Life - MeshFix v2 - orinivan - 04-07-2023

@Saeki Amae,

Thank you for your reply, and explanation. It's a shame there are so many roadblocks to the script working in OpenSim, but I understand. As-is, your tool is still very useful in creating better dae files for uploading, than some other tools I have tried recently, so there is still usefulness for OpenSim. :)

Have a wonderful day (dae?). :)

Orinivan

Happy you like it Orinian :) Observe the thread and maybe I will release some updates :D

RE: Ultimate Ripping Tool for Second Life - MeshFix v2 - Kavukamari - 04-15-2023

I was able to extract one of my models, but for some reason, I'm getting the same error as a few people where it says "error in scanning thread: name" rather than description

I think this tool will be easier to use than the others, once it can get around this error

RE: Ultimate Ripping Tool for Second Life - MeshFix v2 - Saeki Amae - 04-16-2023

It can happen in case of some XMLs. Simpy delete the project that loaded bad. If the issue persists and you can not start meshfix anymore, simply clear the output folder.

RE: Ultimate Ripping Tool for Second Life - MeshFix v2 - Kavukamari - 04-16-2023

thank you for making this tool, it seems like only some objects have that weird error, and it's been very useful for modifying avatars and textures