Second Life Copybot
Ultimate Ripping Tool for Second Life - MeshFix v2 - Printable Version

+- Second Life Copybot (https://secondlifecopybot.com)
+-- Forum: ★☆ Start Here before doing anything else!! ☆★ (https://secondlifecopybot.com/forum-26.html)
+--- Forum: 5. Second Life Copybot Viewers (https://secondlifecopybot.com/forum-2.html)
+---- Forum: HydraStorm Copybot Viewer (https://secondlifecopybot.com/forum-1032.html)
+----- Forum: Tools (for XML) (https://secondlifecopybot.com/forum-1202.html)
+----- Thread: Ultimate Ripping Tool for Second Life - MeshFix v2 (/thread-29313.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

RE: Ultimate Ripping Tool for Second Life - MeshFix v2 - Saeki Amae - 03-01-2023

@Lagertha I don't know what you mean :D All works for me fine, you would need to tell me more in PM as I think we have misunderstandings here. Or even better write to me on Discord.

RE: Ultimate Ripping Tool for Second Life - MeshFix v2 - Lagertha - 03-01-2023

@Saeki Amae there is no misunderstanding, just say your tool works fine, 
i will send you the xml file from that hud then you will see it your self 
its empty no any textures, becourse that hud is made on scripts with uuid nummers
no any textures in it and huds like this they have many

RE: Ultimate Ripping Tool for Second Life - MeshFix v2 - Saeki Amae - 03-01-2023

I already told you - you don't export HUD. You export textures it applied on the objects. SO no matter if textures are hidden as UUIDs, once you use hud to apply textures to actual mesh, they become visible for meshfix in XML

RE: Ultimate Ripping Tool for Second Life - MeshFix v2 - Lagertha - 03-01-2023

well try it yourself 
here is the demo, just 1 textures on the item

[To see links please register here]

RE: Ultimate Ripping Tool for Second Life - MeshFix v2 - Saeki Amae - 03-02-2023

I repeat one more time: you do not export XML of the HUD. You wait first until HUD's scripts apply textures to the target mesh object and then you export textures from that object.

RE: Ultimate Ripping Tool for Second Life - MeshFix v2 - Lagertha - 03-02-2023

@Saeki Amae i read it

RE: Ultimate Ripping Tool for Second Life - MeshFix v2 - Saeki Amae - 03-07-2023

Update 2.0.3! 

1. Fixed import errors happening for prims that had '<' and '>' characters in them
2. Fixed crash happening during loading very small floats (like 1.2e-13)

RE: Ultimate Ripping Tool for Second Life - MeshFix v2 - blacklistedcat - 03-11-2023

Thank you so very much for this tool!

Looking much more integrated than the previous MeshesSL I used (I didn't rip since a long time and I heard the old tool is not working anymore...). I am using it on Linux, through Wine, and it works well. but it seems it's written in Python, maybe a native Linux version could be possible - I could even help if needed.
I'm having an issue ripping something, which has never been easy to do, but it simply does not work with MeshFix2, the mesh seems corrupted. I tried doing mesh links one after one but it didn't change anything.
Ha, and after reading the full doc, I saw there is no option to set the generated dae file name to anything else than @.dae. If I want to generate mesh for each link separately, it is tiedous as the @.dae is overritten each time. That would be nice to have an option to set the name and to be able to generate separate objects for each mesh link.

I know hugs are important, so I give you a tight one :)

RE: Ultimate Ripping Tool for Second Life - MeshFix v2 - Lagertha - 03-11-2023

@blacklistedcat,
MeshesSL is still working fine with Darkstorm and the right (additional tool)
we have also Mesh Helper works on cbviewers whats looks as firestorm
but this one is new and works good with Darkstorm and Hydrastorm

@blacklistedcat,
i see this is your first post, but register a year ago
don't forget to introduce yourself 
and don't forget to read the rules from step 1-6

[To see links please register here]

RE: Ultimate Ripping Tool for Second Life - MeshFix v2 - Saeki Amae - 03-12-2023

@blacklistedcat
Thank you for your kind words! I am happy you like it! Especially the hug is sooo much appreciated! <3

If you have problems with ripping something , please contact me on PM on forum or even better, on Discord and we will see what can be the issue! You can even send me mxp file of the project that doesn't work (Export Project button after choosing right project)

About your suggestion about generating single dae per mesh link - it could be possible but very ineffective - each dae would take additional 10 L$ for uploading the model rather than paying this fee once. And it would take much more time.

And about mesh corruption, make sure you followed the guidance and you have set ImporterLegacyMatching in your viewer to true. Otherwise most meshes will seem broken.

PS: And yes, it is written in Python. I could make linux version using virtual machine, but will see. If there are more requests of linux version i will consider making one. Currently my attention is drawn by the new, even bigger project. If it works out, it will work way better than MeshFix2