Second Life Copybot
Ultimate Ripping Tool for Second Life - MeshFix v2 - Printable Version

+- Second Life Copybot (https://secondlifecopybot.com)
+-- Forum: ★☆ Start Here before doing anything else!! ☆★ (https://secondlifecopybot.com/forum-26.html)
+--- Forum: 5. Second Life Copybot Viewers (https://secondlifecopybot.com/forum-2.html)
+---- Forum: HydraStorm Copybot Viewer (https://secondlifecopybot.com/forum-1032.html)
+----- Forum: Tools (for XML) (https://secondlifecopybot.com/forum-1202.html)
+----- Thread: Ultimate Ripping Tool for Second Life - MeshFix v2 (/thread-29313.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

RE: Ultimate Ripping Tool for Second Life - MeshFix v2 - Lagertha - 02-26-2024

@Xanadu read page 1 everything is in it what you need for this tool
but better introduce yourself and read the

[To see links please register here]

RE: Ultimate Ripping Tool for Second Life - MeshFix v2 - Saeki Amae - 02-27-2024

@Xanadu
@Lagertha

Hello you both :)
To answer your question Xanadu, in most cases this bug is caused by the lack of prim linker in the project when the project originally had legacy prims in it.
Create Prim Linker according to instructions and add it to your mesh project and it should be fixed.
And no, currently I don't releave any videos just yet - but others are welcome to do so. 

BUT I have got recently report that the script may ask for prim linker even if there are no legacy prims in the project - and that can lead to errors during applying the script. It is kinda rare bug (nobody until this week has reported me this issue).

I plan to release an update with the bug fix soon.

RE: Ultimate Ripping Tool for Second Life - MeshFix v2 - Xanadu - 02-27-2024

@Saeki Amae
thanks for your response.
let me say what i did:
1) created a cube and added Primlinker script. Replied Yes to link and delinking question
2) took PrimLinker ojbect in my inventory
3) put mesh object on the ground and put PrimLinker object in contents
4) create a new script and replace content with meshfix client script
5) i got this error : PrimLinker: LinksetData Error or no names found!

thanks for your help

RE: Ultimate Ripping Tool for Second Life - MeshFix v2 - Xanadu - 02-27-2024

@Lagertha

hello Administrator.
i read rules and i suppose i'm compliant. i added a signature .
let me know if i need to do other actions.
thanks

RE: Ultimate Ripping Tool for Second Life - MeshFix v2 - Lagertha - 02-27-2024

@Xanadu you didn't agree with the rules and didn't read it correctly
becourse read Board Rules Full step 6

[To see links please register here]

don't reply use the @
i change it for you next time yourself
deleted 1 double post

RE: Ultimate Ripping Tool for Second Life - MeshFix v2 - Isiahx2 - 03-22-2024

hey, i have no clue how to use this tool. 

RE: Ultimate Ripping Tool for Second Life - MeshFix v2 - Isiahx2 - 03-23-2024

Hey I'm sorry to bother but I'm fairly new to this tool and using copybotting completely. I have read the instructions manual on the tool but I am very much stuck on what to do. What I did was take a "demo" version of a outfit for example and I did export as xml like I was told. It exported into the tool but I have no mesh or dae file. I don't have a clue what I'm doing wrong. If anyone can help. Do I buy the outfit or no?

RE: Ultimate Ripping Tool for Second Life - MeshFix v2 - Lagertha - 03-23-2024

@Isiahx2 you must unrar the tool, then you got folder named Meshfix, 
in that folder you have other folders:
- MF_Input
- ​MF_Output
- MF_Tests
- @config.ini
- MeshFix2.exe
open the Meshfix2.exe tool
drop your xml file in the - MF_Input folder
you will see in the screen what it is doing with the xml file
when its ready you will find the dae file, and the textures etc.. in the ​MF_Output folder (it has no name just a number)
the xml file will be deleted from the input, folder
better drop first your xml file in the test folder and do the same as above
or take a copy from your xml file

RE: Ultimate Ripping Tool for Second Life - MeshFix v2 - Saeki Amae - 03-24-2024

Don't listen to Lagertha :) Actually in most cases you don't need to use MF_Test folder. 

First of all, check Usage tab. Quick start explains things less detailed.

After your directly export XML to MF_Input, and your project is ready, don't look for dae, just select the project you imported, click "copy" and then in the viewer open mesh uploader and when it asks you for location, in the address bar of explorer paste the address from clipboard - this will direct you to the right folder immediately. Choose @.dae file and that's it.

RE: Ultimate Ripping Tool for Second Life - MeshFix v2 - Isiahx2 - 03-24-2024

@saekiamae thank you, I actually figured out how to do it yesterday, the problem I was having was export xml file for a piece of clothing and it didn't give me no mesh. I tried avatar xml export and it worked great for me. I think the only issue I do have is the textures. Most of the clothing comes with HUD with their textures and I was wondering do I have to individually export all the textures with multiple clothing? Or can I do it a more sufficient way? Also @lagertha thank you as well