Second Life Copybot
Ultimate Ripping Tool for Second Life - MeshFix v2 - Printable Version

+- Second Life Copybot (https://secondlifecopybot.com)
+-- Forum: ★☆ Start Here before doing anything else!! ☆★ (https://secondlifecopybot.com/forum-26.html)
+--- Forum: 5. Second Life Copybot Viewers (https://secondlifecopybot.com/forum-2.html)
+---- Forum: HydraStorm Copybot Viewer (https://secondlifecopybot.com/forum-1032.html)
+----- Forum: Tools (for XML) (https://secondlifecopybot.com/forum-1202.html)
+----- Thread: Ultimate Ripping Tool for Second Life - MeshFix v2 (/thread-29313.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

RE: Ultimate Ripping Tool for Second Life - MeshFix v2 - Saeki Amae - 02-22-2023

@Caderobinson Hello! This program creates processes in order to speed up file processing, it also automaticly copies to the clipboard the address of the file and downloads textures and potentially SLM files from SL servers. This program is just made by me, has no digital company signatures or anything. All this may make this program looking like a high risk program. I personally tested this app and I found no viruses so far. You can scan it with other antiviruses tools to see if it isn't false-positive alert. And so far you are the only one reporting this so there is high chance it is false-positive in fact. I assure you that I didn't add to this program any malicious code and I did this only to help the community enjoy SL more. Please let me know if your issue is gone with other scanners <3

@Skollwolf Thank you so much for your words! I'm glad you like it! It's impossible to copy scripts in SL and this will rather no change even with best viewers in the world. But while you can not copy scripts themselves you can quite easily (in most cases) copy their behaviour - for example if the script is rotating the prim, you can just fine write your own code that does it. So it is best to just learn this silly LSL language, even if it takes some time at first :D

RE: Ultimate Ripping Tool for Second Life - MeshFix v2 - clara20 - 02-22-2023

Thanks for your work.  Windows 11 has also indicated it as a virus.
 I think it's a false positive. 
It seems to me a great software, I will test it

RE: Ultimate Ripping Tool for Second Life - MeshFix v2 - Saeki Amae - 02-22-2023

@clara20 Thank you for your kind words. Please test it and let me know what you like and dislike in the app. All opinions matter for me a lot!

RE: Ultimate Ripping Tool for Second Life - MeshFix v2 - Ignhigor - 02-22-2023

I am not able to make it work. maybe a video?

@Ignhigor Currently I can't release videos with usage but I am sure we can help you. 

First of all make sure you have read the manual's "Usage" tab. It describes the basic copying process better than "Quick Start" tab.

Secondly, avoid writing simple "It doesn't work". Instead, write exactly what you were trying to do and at which point you got lost/something isn't working - only then we can actually help you <3

RE: Ultimate Ripping Tool for Second Life - MeshFix v2 - Lagertha - 02-23-2023

when she open the new updated tool she got a script error
[Image: error-when-open-the-tool.jpg]

RE: Ultimate Ripping Tool for Second Life - MeshFix v2 - Saeki Amae - 02-23-2023

@Lagertha KeyError = description. This is what causes the error. I guess you just replaced the .exe file rather than putting new version to fresh directory right? Then, possibly there is a left-over from old XML - if it was broken by the bug of earlier version this could affect this one. Delete MF_Output folder to clear database and check if it solves the problem. If not, send me XML that  causes the issues, alongside with the name of the viewer that generated it.

In general it is best to delete the projects that cause problems immediately - otherwise there is high risk that the app may have problems with starting.

she made all folders empty and ad  again the xml file (made with Darkstorm) to the folder input,
she started the tool, the only thing what she got is a slm file no textures or a dae file. 
when she do the same with MeshesSL she got a dae file, textures
can only think of that something is wrong with your tool,
the update must have i guess number MeshFix2.0.1 the tool has still number V2

RE: Ultimate Ripping Tool for Second Life - MeshFix v2 - Saeki Amae - 02-23-2023

Not necessarily. In your previous report i also saw this error with description. And now it happens again. So it was generated with the newest Darkstorm yes? Please send me the XML so i can take a look at it.

I did most tests on Hydrastorm, maybe there is some edge case that I didn't take into consideration - i need an XML to test it. You can just paste it in pastebin or something, anything will work xD

And don't worry, exported XML files dont' have any data allowing to track any avatar - they only have prim data and that's all.

And no, it is 2.0.1 version. The fact that your friend got SLM file is enough proof for this - as you remember there were no SLM files in the first try.

i will ask her for the xml file she must send it to me,  that will be tommorow i think