Second Life Copybot
Ultimate Ripping Tool for Second Life - MeshFix v2 - Printable Version

+- Second Life Copybot (https://secondlifecopybot.com)
+-- Forum: ★☆ Start Here before doing anything else!! ☆★ (https://secondlifecopybot.com/forum-26.html)
+--- Forum: 5. Second Life Copybot Viewers (https://secondlifecopybot.com/forum-2.html)
+---- Forum: HydraStorm Copybot Viewer (https://secondlifecopybot.com/forum-1032.html)
+----- Forum: Tools (for XML) (https://secondlifecopybot.com/forum-1202.html)
+----- Thread: Ultimate Ripping Tool for Second Life - MeshFix v2 (/thread-29313.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

RE: Ultimate Ripping Tool for Second Life - MeshFix v2 - Saeki Amae - 11-17-2023

Thank you! You are really nice!

And don't worry about the coders. I keep the thread active so if someone will be willing to help I am sure they will contact me.
This project isn't meant to be finished within some specified time constraints
(especially that so far nobody paid me single dollar for this project^^) -
I just code it when I have time for, at the same time improving my coding skills and experience.

If some dev happens willing to help me, they are very welcome.

RE: Ultimate Ripping Tool for Second Life - MeshFix v2 - BellaYasmine - 11-21-2023

Is there a way to copy bot houses and big items like that and if so how do I do that

RE: Ultimate Ripping Tool for Second Life - MeshFix v2 - Saeki Amae - 11-21-2023

@BellaYasmine
Yes it is. When you copy objects in SL, the script remembers their original position. So when you reupload them, the script has a function to reposition items automaticly to their previosu state. Check addons section for exact instruction - Align feature exactly :D

RE: Ultimate Ripping Tool for Second Life - MeshFix v2 - Argentum - 11-26-2023

Hello...we don´t have acces to the link bit.ly. :(( Vince

RE: Ultimate Ripping Tool for Second Life - MeshFix v2 - Lagertha - 11-26-2023

@Argentum then you are doing someting wrong everyone has acces and all link are working

RE: Ultimate Ripping Tool for Second Life - MeshFix v2 - Scotty62 - 12-30-2023

Firstly ... thank you for working on this program. It's an impressive achievement indeed. I see that you're working on an even more audacious project now, and am looking forward to seeing the results :D

I was slow to find MeshFix because I've found ways to use MeshesSL and Mesh Helper and didn't need a new program, however I recently encountered a rip which causes them to crash, so I came looking for a new program and found MeshFix and it's great.

There's one problem though and it is, I believe, due to the fact that you don't export the full skeleton. As you note, normally it's not necessary, however when you are exporting a mesh which deforms the skeleton (for example a non-human avatar) if you don't include the skeleton the resulting DAE doesn't deform the avatar and as a result is useless.

Is it possible to get a version of your excellent program which includes the option to include the skeleton when exporting the DAE?

Thanks for your attention.

RE: Ultimate Ripping Tool for Second Life - MeshFix v2 - Saeki Amae - 12-31-2023

@Scotty62
Hello :) Happy you like my program. About your question, for now it isn't possible but maybe it will change in the future, will see.
I'm working on the viewer but it might be too time consuming - nobody is helping me and the lack of attention of people here (this thread for example was dead for entire month as you see) also discourges me from regular working on it. So I might consider making something simpler, something between the new viewer and MeshFix. But didn't decide yet.. for now celebrating Christmas and New Year :D

RE: Ultimate Ripping Tool for Second Life - MeshFix v2 - Scotty62 - 01-01-2024

@Saeki Amae Wrote:@Saeki Amae

I can imagine that the viewer is a huge project ... especially given that you're writing it from scratch rather than forking an existing codebase.

And I can certainly understand taking time for Christmas and New Year :)

I wish I could offer my help, unfortunately I'm a hardware person and my coding skills range between non-existent and attrocious. Documentation I can do, so if at some point you have something that needs it ... shoot me a DM :)

I imagine the thread was stagnant because a lot of the people who use your program aren't actually members of this forum and don't know where the program came from ... they got it from a friend who got it from a friend etc. You may well find that your program has a much wider audience than you think :D

Anyway - thanks for your reply, and I hope you have a great New Year.

RE: Ultimate Ripping Tool for Second Life - MeshFix v2 - Saeki Amae - 01-01-2024

Same for you!

RE: Ultimate Ripping Tool for Second Life - MeshFix v2 - Big_T662 - 01-02-2024

I an just now getting back to SL and with the power of AI and this tool I will most definitely be adding to the community. Thank you so much for this.