Second Life Copybot
Ultimate Ripping Tool for Second Life - MeshFix v2 - Printable Version

+- Second Life Copybot (https://secondlifecopybot.com)
+-- Forum: ★☆ Start Here before doing anything else!! ☆★ (https://secondlifecopybot.com/forum-26.html)
+--- Forum: 5. Second Life Copybot Viewers (https://secondlifecopybot.com/forum-2.html)
+---- Forum: HydraStorm Copybot Viewer (https://secondlifecopybot.com/forum-1032.html)
+----- Forum: Tools (for XML) (https://secondlifecopybot.com/forum-1202.html)
+----- Thread: Ultimate Ripping Tool for Second Life - MeshFix v2 (/thread-29313.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

RE: Ultimate Ripping Tool for Second Life - MeshFix v2 - Saeki Amae - 10-24-2023

It doesn't export bones. It doesn't matter if you just reupload something to SL but it does matter if you reupload it to Blender. Any rigged import to Blender requires using MeshesSL or MeshHelper for now.

RE: Ultimate Ripping Tool for Second Life - MeshFix v2 - snowarc - 10-27-2023

(10-24-2023, 11:15 AM)Saeki Amae Wrote:

[To see links please register here]

It doesn't export bones. It doesn't matter if you just reupload something to SL but it does matter if you reupload it to Blender. Any rigged import to Blender requires using MeshesSL or MeshHelper for now.

Thanks very much for the info

I have managed to the body into blender with its bones (and weights are maintained)

Now Courious? how do I apply my SL shape data for the sliders i have in world now?

I managed to use the legacy devkit that was provided already and bring my shape in via avstar XML shape import
But the legacy dev kit isnt actually the body (its just a low quality body) ment to fit clothes too
I have the full blown body on the right. I used Meshhelper.
It gave me the bones and its rigged/weighted
However since its not avastar I cant bring my shape.xml over onto it :(

Is there a way?

RE: Ultimate Ripping Tool for Second Life - MeshFix v2 - Saeki Amae - 10-28-2023

@snowarc
I am not good at Blender so I can not help much ^^.

However most of these issues will be solved with the release of the new viewer.
You can check the news about it in this thread:

RE: Ultimate Ripping Tool for Second Life - MeshFix v2 - snowarc - 10-28-2023

If this isnt the best place to post this my bad.  Just wanted to give an update

I have figured out how to edit the shape within blender now
I just having some challenges getting it to be 1:1 like SL
I think we are having several levels of older versions of avastar cuasing issues for me since I am on the newest one
But have no idea what versions my meshs are using that I am trying to import
bone names are all over the place
I think custom heads and bodies have some constraint data for clamping the shape sliders some  making 0 to 100% actually smaller then SL normally allows
but MeshHelper cant see those I think?

RE: Ultimate Ripping Tool for Second Life - MeshFix v2 - Saeki Amae - 10-28-2023

Mesh Helper copies stuff as it is in SL. Sliders aren't part of the mesh. Sliders(your shape) is xml data that modify your skeleton inworld. In order to see stuff exactly same like inworld you need to set the very exact same shape in blender with avastar. I don't know much about avastar so you need to ask someone who actually deals with it.

RE: Ultimate Ripping Tool for Second Life - MeshFix v2 - kalachman - 11-16-2023

Hi !
Thank you for this tool, it works great for a re-upload of a rigged mesh that you wear.

i may have to read the manual some more but from my current understanding i suppose we can't RIP Animesh for examples ? as they'll be rezzed on the ground to be used  or when rezzing on the ground a ripped rigged mesh from MeshFix the object will have the shape of a heart and can't be turned into animesh.

is that correct ?

I was considering using mesh Helper instead for animesh or grabbing the skeleton as you advises precedently in this post. but The latest version of hydrastorn does not work anymore (when trying to login, after erasing the bindkey error message, you get a message stating that you're violatiing TOS and that LL is watching you.... scary lol) and to my knowledge, Mesh Helper only works with Hydratorn... therefore ! all my hope is on your tool for now ! haha

Thank you again for your hardwork.

RE: Ultimate Ripping Tool for Second Life - MeshFix v2 - Lagertha - 11-16-2023

@kalachman normal when you rip wearables you must make them rigged, that must be also with animesh

RE: Ultimate Ripping Tool for Second Life - MeshFix v2 - kalachman - 11-16-2023

@Lagertha,

So i tried ripping an animesh using meshFix, (exporting xml through Darkstorm), and here's the results :

The original (Animesh feature enabled)
[Image: d329bf1a4203b8c784828c19fe848b82.png]

And here' the one ripped through meshFix (Animesh feature enabled)

[Image: c494e4356059ff384b862b2ef5ba8b8f.png]

I don't know why but it seems that the rigging is deforming the mesh differently. is it because i ripped it through DarkStorm ? or is it a bug in MeshFix ?
Again Hydrastorm is not usable anymore, so i can't make cross tests with meshHelper and Hydrastorm/meshFix.

But that said, this tool has GREAT potential !

RE: Ultimate Ripping Tool for Second Life - MeshFix v2 - Saeki Amae - 11-17-2023

@kalachman

Hello cutie, I didn't test this tool with animesh so it might be possible that something may not work correctly.
You can try Mesh Helper/ MeshesSL to see if it works better or not. 
And Hydrastorm is usable, you just need to edit an XML file, also you can try spoofing firestorm version to legit one - the answer is in this forum somewhere.

That being said, I rather concentrate on new viewer project now than fixing small details like this.
The reason is: my tool is too much limited by xmls. I am sure you noticed that scripts generated with MeshFix don't reapply the bump maps and specular maps.
It's not a bug but rather the lack of needed data in exported xmls. And OpenSim exports won't work neither.
Until new viewer comes, a lot of things will be limited so instead of just improving limited stuff i rather make something limitless ^^.

.. and I really mean limitless :P

RE: Ultimate Ripping Tool for Second Life - MeshFix v2 - kalachman - 11-17-2023

Hi Saeki ( :
That's amazing the work you do for us ! thank you so much !

And yes of course i totally understand your point and agree with you, just wanted to share this in case someone had a workaround.

Please do take your time with this Ultimate Viewer project, i wish i could help you, but unfortunately i have no coding skills...

i was thinking of searching coders in SL  for you, but i realized it might be dangerous as we could get reported for trying to do copybotting... therefore i'll just keep supporting you as best as i can, and no matter the result ends up being, you've already done A LOT for the comunity (:

So again. Thank you !