Second Life Copybot
Ultimate Ripping Tool for Second Life - MeshFix v2 - Printable Version

+- Second Life Copybot (https://secondlifecopybot.com)
+-- Forum: ★☆ Start Here before doing anything else!! ☆★ (https://secondlifecopybot.com/forum-26.html)
+--- Forum: 5. Second Life Copybot Viewers (https://secondlifecopybot.com/forum-2.html)
+---- Forum: HydraStorm Copybot Viewer (https://secondlifecopybot.com/forum-1032.html)
+----- Forum: Tools (for XML) (https://secondlifecopybot.com/forum-1202.html)
+----- Thread: Ultimate Ripping Tool for Second Life - MeshFix v2 (/thread-29313.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

RE: Ultimate Ripping Tool for Second Life - MeshFix v2 - Saeki Amae - 07-09-2023

I'm glad you like it! Enjoy and write here whenever you get any questions!

RE: Ultimate Ripping Tool for Second Life - MeshFix v2 - siwo81 - 07-15-2023

Firstly.... THAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANKS for writing Meshfix.

So I came across this interesting phenomenon when using Meshfix v2.0.3.
I'm not sure if it's a known thing.
But whenever I import the XML file and go in the "Project Prims" options, each time I delete or deactivate a prim, it will make Meshfix swallow up a couple of hundred MBs of RAM.
I've noticed that if I just go ahead and do all my desired actions like deactivating multiple prims by unchecking them really quick (within 7 secs or so), then Meshfix will hog almost all of my 32Gb of RAM.
Since I run a gaming PC with Ryzen 9 (3000s series) and RTX 3070 GPU, I wouldn't expect my PC to be the bottleneck.

Anyone else having this behaviour? Maybe there is an option to turn off?

RE: Ultimate Ripping Tool for Second Life - MeshFix v2 - Saeki Amae - 07-16-2023

I'm glad you like my work!

I am aware of RAM problems with MeshFix. If you experience too high usage simply restart the program and the memory will release itsself. 

I'm not currently planning to fix this - If I decide to come back to Second Life coding it will be most likely fully new viewer that will give amazing features.

if you experience other issues though feel free to write here and I or somebody else will surely help :D

RE: Ultimate Ripping Tool for Second Life - MeshFix v2 - aga700 - 07-27-2023

I love this tool!!  So much easier to copy and it's great to see someone create a tool like this.

RE: Ultimate Ripping Tool for Second Life - MeshFix v2 - Saeki Amae - 07-28-2023

I'm so happy you like it! <3 If you ever have more questions, just write!

RE: Ultimate Ripping Tool for Second Life - MeshFix v2 - Zincharp - 08-04-2023

first of all, you made a helpful Tools, ty so far.
But what the heck dreadful is the Script section? The generated LSL-Scripts are terrible complex and not working.
Why are they such complex with those overloaded charsets?

I could need a lsl script who works with the following procedure :
1.) copy the generated Script into the clipboard --> (working, thumbs up)
2.) paste this clipboard-script into a the new object's script --> (not working, as the compiler shows many errors in many lines. In SL and OS.)

3.) the Script in the Mesh-Linkset looking for Linkset-Names (normal IBM ASCII Charset only, without special characters).
4.) stops the script und gives me an Dialogbox, when found a Primname twice or didn't found a Primname.
5.) when found a Primname, then scan for facesides. If the amount of Primfaces not match, stop the script und give me an Dialogbox.

6.) if the checks are good, then apply faceside datas for every prim in the linkset.
7.) no complex functions, but simple functions with string data-list lines. Have a look to the "e.g." at the bottom of this post, for a string data example.

e.g.
list oneFaceData; // all Face Datas like : Linksetnumber, Faceside,Texture.... Normals.... Specular... and their positions and colors... etc.
oneFaceData += ["1-|-0-|-Unicorn-FS_rigged-|-5748decc-f629-461c-9a36-a35a221fe21f-|-<1.000,1.000,0.000>-|-<0.000,0.000,0.000>-|-0.000-|-<1.000,1.000,1.000>-|-1.000-|-0-|-0.000-|-1-|-0-|-00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000-|-<1.000,1.000,0.000>-|-<0.000,0.000,0.000>-|-0.000-|-00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000-|-<1.000,1.000,0.000>-|-<0.000,0.000,0.000>-|-0.000-|-<1.000,1.000,1.000>-|-51-|-0-|-0-|-0"];

The String Data can comparsed with the "|" to make a single "temporäry" List for a apply-function.
You can have 40 "oneFaceData" Sets in a Script to dont get a Script-overload-error.
When you need more than 40 oneFaceData Sets, then add another script, or work with Notecards, or else

RE: Ultimate Ripping Tool for Second Life - MeshFix v2 - Zincharp - 08-04-2023

hello
another feature i would like is a bone structure in the Dae-files.

RE: Ultimate Ripping Tool for Second Life - MeshFix v2 - Lagertha - 08-04-2023

when you make a update please make a new thread then i can close this one

RE: Ultimate Ripping Tool for Second Life - MeshFix v2 - Saeki Amae - 08-05-2023

@Zincharp
First of all, the generated scripts do NOT work in OS. They are made for Second Life exclusively.
Secondly - the unicode characters you see are the linkset data super tightly packed. It is because LSL scripts have memory limit of 2^16 bytes. Your proposition would make any more complex mesh almost always generating stack-heap collisions.
In your example - the uuid you wrote "5748decc-f629-461c-9a36-a35a221fe21f" uses 36 characters - so 72 bytes. In my case I will use 9 characters (so 18 bytes) - 4 times less space.
Especially that the code itsself eats up most of the script's memory. I made the script super-memory efficient - using special techniques to pack so much logic into a single script - so users don't have to copy multiple scripts for a single objects and have more work.
The generated script is NOT intended to be manually modified - i even wrote a comment about it at the beginning of every script. If you want to modify anything, modify data in meshfix directly - it has a built-in editor for that - and then regenerate the script.

If your script doesn't work in Second Life as well - then feel free to write on forum exactly what errors you get in SL and what steps you performed to achieve this. You can also send me .mxp file of the project that doesn't work and I will see - maybe there is some edge case that I didn't consider - although you are the first person who reports errors with scripts so double check if you did all correctly.

About bone-structure - I am aware of this issue - I didn't care much because people mostly use this tool to copy stuff as it is - without importing it to blender first. If you need to have bones, then use MeshHelper/MeshesSL for now for this stuff.

RE: Ultimate Ripping Tool for Second Life - MeshFix v2 - Zincharp - 08-06-2023

I got running the script in SL but with errors :
[00:39] llSetPrimitiveParams error running rule #4 (PRIM_POSITION): arg #1 vector expected but integer given.
[00:39] llSetPrimitiveParams error running rule #4 (PRIM_SIZE): arg #1 vector expected but integer given.

i have imported a *.xml into MeshFix v2 (latest version).
then in "Prim details" i've deleted the first 2 prims from linkset.
then i took "off" some prims, because facecount is to high for upload for the whole Linkset.
then applied the copied script in the uploaded mesh-linkset.

pls dont take it personaly:
but, to got the script running took me about 45 minutes of trying out.
I gave up to got the same script running a second time, after I've resized manualy a prim in Linkset for my need. A warning message took out :
[00:39] Warning: the root prim of the new linkset has changed.
happy work to all other, but not for me.