Second Life Copybot
Copybot Catwa Head - Printable Version

+- Second Life Copybot (https://secondlifecopybot.com)
+-- Forum: THE LOUNGE (https://secondlifecopybot.com/forum-24.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://secondlifecopybot.com/forum-25.html)
+---- Forum: Questions? (https://secondlifecopybot.com/forum-771.html)
+---- Thread: Copybot Catwa Head (/thread-27453.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Copybot Catwa Head - fantasy - 08-17-2020

Maybe it is a stupid question. Someone can help me to copybot catwa head?  I know can export in DAE or XML or use MeshesSL. Personaly i prefer rig manual with blender and Avastar.  My problem it is static mesh head it is scale rotate or something alse difficult to rebuild.  There is samething i don't know?

RE: Copybot Catwa Head - D0gstar - 08-20-2020

Hi Fantasy.

Well, the easiest way to rip a mesh head is to use Hydrastorm and MeshesSL.
!! Make sure the rigged item is being worn when you export the xml file (not Dae, this will leave it unrigged)!!
  1. Navagate to the xml file using MesheSL and create Dae.
  2. When you improt the object to SL, make sure you select zero for the Lowest and Low LOD.
  3. Check the Skinweights box on the last tab.
  4. Upload.
As you can use Blender, you could imprt the rigged mesh into blender and simply apply rotation and scale and size, so when you upload it into SL it wont be a pile of ugly meshes but a perfectly formed head while rezed on the ground.

RE: Copybot Catwa Head - ninasimone - 08-20-2020

nice advise

RE: Copybot Catwa Head - BoB79SL - 08-20-2020

great job!

RE: Copybot Catwa Head - MizzPrissy84 - 08-22-2020

Thank You, Im new to this side and wow such a dope new way to slive lol

RE: Copybot Catwa Head - chocoshake - 08-23-2020

I'm not sure the purpose of copying the catwa head, is it for your own learning, or for wearing it in SL or other games?<br />
If it is to use it in SL, you are better off buying the head instead or getting a free head, because it is a pain to use a clone head in SL, and worst still it is easy to be spotted and reported (unless you can figure out how to change the creator's name).  The reason is, without the hud everything is rather complicated to do, and as far as I know, it is difficult to clone the hud because it is not possible to clone the scripts from the hud.<br />
<br />
Cloning the head (I think the genus head is easier to clone and use, but the neck line is a problem): the easiest is to just search in this website, I think someone has copied it already.  To do it yourself, you can either use hydrastorm or darkstorm.   There are step by step guides again in this website.  Just two extra points for you to note:<br />
1. it takes about 45 seconds to copy the head using hydrastorm or darkstorm (about 20-30 seconds to copy the eyes and jaw).  ie after pressing Save as XML, wait for 45 seconds, and try not to do anything during this time.  After 45 seconds, immediately close hydrastorm or darkstorm (to avoid the cache being overwritten).  <br />
2. after closing hydrastorm or darkstorm, close the MeshSL as well.  Then rename the XML file without any special characters. eg: to something like untitled.xml, then reopen meshSL and choose the renamed file.  You should encounter some error messages, just press continue at each error.  Before you press the create DAE button, again you need to wait for like 15 seconds.<br />

RE: Copybot Catwa Head - fantasy - 08-23-2020

(08-20-2020, 04:04 AM)D0gstar Wrote:

[To see links please register here]

Hi Fantasy.

Well, the easiest way to rip a mesh head is to use Hydrastorm and MeshesSL.
!! Make sure the rigged item is being worn when you export the xml file (not Dae, this will leave it unrigged)!!

1. Navagate to the xml file using MesheSL and create Dae.
  2. When you improt the object to SL, make sure you select zero for the Lowest and Low LOD.
  3. Check the Skinweights box on the last tab.
  4. Upload.

As you can use Blender, you could imprt the rigged mesh into blender and simply apply rotation and scale and size, so when you upload it into SL it wont be a pile of ugly meshes but a perfectly formed head while rezed on the ground.
Ok thanks for sugges. I olready try this but not working. I don't know now work. But generate not so clear rig many skeletor not just one. Also sometimes give material error or wrong something?

RE: Copybot Catwa Head - D0gstar - 08-23-2020

What is not working exactly?

A.) The mesh is not rigged? (Make sure the item you copy is being worn)
B.) MeshesSL is not making a new mesh? (make sure you select Create new mesh is MeshesSL)
C.) Material is not a subset of reference material (Import the obect in Parts, use blender and save e.g. The head , the eyes and the teeth seperatley)
  C.ii) This error is caused by too many faces on the object, limit of 21044 or something and a new material is being automatically assigned to it by SL)
Post some screenshots and we can help you out.
OR post the Mesh and the xml file and lets have a look at it

RE: Copybot Catwa Head - fantasy - 08-23-2020

(08-23-2020, 03:25 PM)D0gstar Wrote:

[To see links please register here]

What is not working exactly?

A.) The mesh is not rigged? (Make sure the item you copy is being worn)
B.) MeshesSL is not making a new mesh? (make sure you select Create new mesh is MeshesSL)
C.) Material is not a subset of reference material (Import the obect in Parts, use blender and save e.g. The head , the eyes and the teeth seperatley)
  C.ii) This error is caused by too many faces on the object, limit of 21044 or something and a new material is being automatically assigned to it by SL)
Post some screenshots and we can help you out.
OR post the Mesh and the xml file and lets have a look at it

Personaly i don't like so much use MeshesSL.  My opinion it is more clear to manual rig mesh. In other heand the mesh it is rig and i find weight in import. I don't know how somatimes generate two version of dae rig and unrigged (maybe there is something not weight it is skipped).
The solution to import DAE in blender to fix "Material is not a subset of reference material" it could be good but i don't find why when impot dae rigged in blender i unable to edit mesh and export to reimport (lost weight). I think there is problem of what generate. I mean i also use preset SL opensim RIG but not work. Also Avastar not export no weght in mesh. 

RE: Copybot Catwa Head - D0gstar - 08-23-2020

When you export as Dae you lose all rigging and therefore all weights.
There is no Armature, so if you use preset "Open Sim Rigged"..... rigged to what?
You are simply making it difficult for yourself.
1. Export as xml.
2. Open MeshesSL and create RIGGED dae.
3. Import (Use zero for Low and Lowest LOD to avoid Materials error)
4. Yaaay! a rigged head in 3 minutes.

Your problem is just from not using MeshesSL.
I have a link in my Sig