Second Life Copybot
Copy BOM textures - Printable Version

+- Second Life Copybot (https://secondlifecopybot.com)
+-- Forum: THE LOUNGE (https://secondlifecopybot.com/forum-24.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://secondlifecopybot.com/forum-25.html)
+---- Forum: Questions? (https://secondlifecopybot.com/forum-771.html)
+---- Thread: Copy BOM textures (/thread-27283.html)

Pages: 1 2

Copy BOM textures - Let_It_Rain - 07-31-2020

So I have looked at the tutorials on how to obtain textures but for some reason the BOM or tattoo textures are not coming up for me when I inspect textures. The HD textures that apply show up but not BOM make up or hairbases. Am I missing a step?
Edit: Sorry... didnt mean for it to get posted in this forum. I was in tutorials.

RE: Copy BOM textures - marysmith - 08-01-2020

(07-31-2020, 09:23 PM)Let_It_Rain Wrote:

[To see links please register here]

So I have looked at the tutorials on how to obtain textures but for some reason the BOM or tattoo textures are not coming up for me when I inspect textures. The HD textures that apply show up but not BOM make up or hairbases. Am I missing a step?
Edit: Sorry... didnt mean for it to get posted in this forum. I was in tutorials.

Technically BoM textures not exist, they are created on the fly as each layer is loaded.

If you only had 1 of each type I think it goes like this
L1 Classic skin texture
L2 Universal
L3 Tattoo
L4 Under clothing
L5 Clothing

So for face you would look for the baked head textures at top of inspect texture list, as that shows 1 to 3
For torso and legs it shows 1 to 5

But the baked texture only a temp uuid, so to make it permanent you would need to save it then re-upload it.

Hair bases are usually a seperate texture on a tat layer, unless uuid is put into a head hud or on the skin already.
Necks often not used unless the user has a different head and body skin and using a blender neck to match them, used to be common pre BoM, but rarely see them now BoM getting more popular.

RE: Copy BOM textures - noway hozee - 08-01-2020

if you want to see texture from bom texture try use SLCacheViewer, you only see baked texture on inspect and they are temp,
SLCacheViewer shows all of them but there is a catch, to find them, if i want a texture i clear cash befor using it and put drawdistance on 32.

RE: Copy BOM textures - Let_It_Rain - 08-01-2020

(08-01-2020, 06:50 AM)noway hozee Wrote:

if you want to see texture from bom texture try use SLCacheViewer, you only see baked texture on inspect and they are temp,
SLCacheViewer shows all of them but there is a catch, to find them, if i want a texture i clear cash befor using it and put drawdistance on 32.

Thanks. I will have to try that. As I have pulled a few in the past but cant seem to get them again.

RE: Copy BOM textures - exocetop - 08-04-2020

(08-01-2020, 04:16 PM)Let_It_Rain Wrote:

(08-01-2020, 06:50 AM)noway hozee Wrote:

Thanks. I will have to try that. As I have pulled a few in the past but cant seem to get them again.

this same thing has been bugging me ill try that also.

RE: Copy BOM textures - fluffyunicorn2k - 08-06-2020

thanks for this post. it was very helpful

RE: Copy BOM textures - Optimus Prime - 08-06-2020

Hi @fluffyunicorn2k

Please see STEP 3: TUTORIALS

if you need assistance. Thank you.

RE: Copy BOM textures - Let_It_Rain - 08-06-2020

(08-06-2020, 12:05 PM)Optimus Prime Wrote:

Hi @fluffyunicorn2k

Please see STEP 3: TUTORIALS

if you need assistance. Thank you.

I can pull textures the way the tutorial shows but not BOM textures.

RE: Copy BOM textures - Suomalainen - 08-07-2020

This is interesting.

RE: Copy BOM textures - AM0928 - 08-07-2020

thanks, this explains why i was confused.