GoonSquad Newsletter July edition

Thread Started By ZeroThe10th

• 48 Vote(s) - 3.04 Average
Rate Thread
Hi Everybody! Sorry for the late Newsletter but here it is!

This summer has been so busy for all of us and although it may look like we've been on snooze, we've been working in the background setting up things Inworld, on this site, other sites and other grids.
Busy bees I tell ya. So here's whats been going on.

1-Youtube channel:
We have a Youtube channel for our mesh tutorials!
We created a channel teaching you guys how to make and create mesh this includes Rigging, creating Alpha maps, baking and whatever we can think of/what is requested at the time.
We even made sure the programs as well as all the plugins and add-on are included in the description of each tutorial so you can jump right in without having to search the site for the materials.
So visit us here and subscribe if you wanna learn how mesh works:

[To see links please register here]

2. Double that Rep+
The Goonsquad is now branching out into other Grids, we teamed up ( in secret of course) with a group that is making a new grid on this new type of Opensim/ Hyper grid and scored a whole sim!

However as you may know SL XMLs as well as the .Skin, .Tattoo, ect cannot be taken into OS without the assets.
Since we've only been focusing on SL and not OS( open sim) alot of our tutorials and items have been uploaded without the assets. Which suck..
SO! Our Eff up is your gain, we need people to add items on here that are OS friendly. If you add items that are Os friendly you'll get double the rep points.
Lets say you post something that would normally be worth +1 rep if it's OS friendly you'll get +2 rep
something worth +2 rep will get +4 rep.
This is a wonderful chance for those in the negative rep zone to bounce back into the positive.
Just make sure you mention it's OS friendly or you won't get the points.
( if you claim something is OS friendly and it's not you'll lose double the rep so no crying wolf)

Here is what it means to be OS friendly.

XMLs:

When exporting Wearables or Prim objects( Houses, hair ect)
Check the Download texture button and download all the assets for the item.
if the textures won't download, you can manually extract the textures and place them in the asset folder for the item.
The files must be in .J2C format for the asset to work properly so keep that in mind.

Animations
Export the animations in .Anim, .Animatn, or .BVH format
UUIDs can only be used in the world where they are exported so SL uuids won't work on an OS based world because that inventory isn't there.

Sounds
Export sounds as .Ogg or Wav

Textures.
Png, Tga, J2c anything that isn't a uuid is OS friendly

Scripts:
As far as I know LSl works in OS so you can just export those normally

Mesh: Mesh is OS friendly already so you don't need to do anything special

================

3. Mesh section update #1:
So as you know there is
We'll be adding a new section to the Mesh area " Yard Sales" This section will be aimed towards those open Gacha areas. Snapshots( Better be good snapshots) will be accepted in place of promo pictures. As some of these places use items that are discontinued or set up in sets. So getting promo pictures may be impossible.
We hope you'll enjoy this new section and of course we hope that you share items as well. ^_^

Mesh Section update #2:
In order to keep things nice and neat around here we've decided to create store categories inside the mesh section. Once 5 or more items for one store is posted that store will get a section for all it's mesh content.

We feel this will help you guys not only find your items easier but make it easier for those who like to do mass postings.
If you plan on doing a mass posting for a store, you can request a store creation( if there isn't one already) form @Zerothe10th and one will be created as soon as possible.

-------

Html, Videos, music and Pictures

We enabled the ability to add embeds to your profile so if you wanna add music to your profile you know to jazz it up you totally can.
Also the previous 5 (videos) 10( picture) add limit to videos and pictures for posts have been removed.
--

Finally Thank you

Thank you to all of those who took the Summer Survey.
we made these changes based on what you guys said in the reply to that survey.
if you have any more suggestions please feel free to submit them.
We like and and listen to them..

That's it for this newsletter.
if you have any questions comments or concerns please feel fee to reply.

Brick 
(07-25-2015, 04:09 AM)ZeroThe10th Wrote:

Html, Videos, music and Pictures We enabled the ability to add embeds to your profile so if you wanna add music to your profile you know to jazz it up you totally can.

Does this still apply? I've looked at profile edit and can't find where youcan embed music into profile.
[Image: 1461546507_949iVzl9xNUiCCU.jpg]

Nooo, the new MYBB code we use now doesnt  support our old profile system ;_:
*snifs* I miss my old profile it was so beautiful...

(04-28-2016, 08:23 PM)ZeroThe10th Wrote:

Nooo, the new MYBB code we use now doesnt  support our old profile system ;_:
*snifs* I miss my old profile it was so beautiful...

This is very sad :Crying: . I would have enjoyed music while up loading to site.
[Image: 1461546507_949iVzl9xNUiCCU.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  GOON SQUAD Newsletter 1/14/15 ZeroThe10th 0 3,626 01-19-2015, 04:57 PM
Last Post: ZeroThe10th
  Host your files with GoonSquad Cloud Ap0110 4 7,692 06-20-2014, 09:25 PM
Last Post: InigoMontoya
Star Goonsquad email moderator has fallen I'll in RL.. Ap0110 2 4,641 11-25-2013, 03:08 PM
Last Post: InigoMontoya